Some Confusion about Sessions - Websphere

This is a discussion on Some Confusion about Sessions - Websphere ; Hi everybody, I'm a little bit irritated about the way websphere handles sessions. Lately I had to reconfigure an http-plugin to use only one of 2 connected application-servers for new incomming requests. I expected that this would lead to less ...

  1. Some Confusion about Sessions

    Hi everybody,

    I'm a little bit irritated about the way websphere handles sessions.
    Lately I had to reconfigure an http-plugin to use only one of 2 connected application-servers for new incomming requests. I expected that this would lead to less and less sessions on the "de-balanced" machine. Within some borders the PMI information ( I watched the "Servlet Session Manager" figures and those of its corresponding war's) proofed that expectation. But at some time the session-reduction came to 0 - even worse: it rose again a bit.

    How could that be ? The plugin-configuration (0 for appServer A and 2 for appServer B) should prevent that new sessions are to be created on appServer A.
    Nevertheless the PMI-graph shows new sessions.

    Besides that: Does Websphere handle seperate Sessions for each module ? I was confused a bit, that the session-manager doesn't only show the total sum of sessions but that it even subdevides them into the uses .war's. Where can I find detailed information about that topic ?

    Thanks in advance !

  2. Re: Some Confusion about Sessions

    marco_simon@web.de wrote:

    > Besides that: Does Websphere handle seperate Sessions for each module
    > ? I was confused a bit, that the session-manager doesn't only show
    > the total sum of sessions but that it even subdevides them into the
    > uses .war's. Where can I find detailed information about that topic ?

    As per the J2EE spec, each web application has its own session.

+ Reply to Thread