Evaluation software - Websphere

This is a discussion on Evaluation software - Websphere ; Where can I get version 5 and 6.0 of WebSphere Application server for both windows and Linux? Please forward URL's if you have any. Thanks, Ed...

  1. Evaluation software

    Where can I get version 5 and 6.0 of WebSphere Application server for
    both windows and Linux? Please forward URL's if you have any.
    Thanks, Ed

  2. Re: Evaluation software

    ersimpso wrote:
    > Where can I get version 5 and 6.0 of WebSphere Application server for
    > both windows and Linux? Please forward URL's if you have any.
    > Thanks, Ed

    IBM doesn't typically make available evaluation copies of old releases
    of software, its generally the most current version that is available
    for evaluation. After all, if you're only evaluating it, why would you
    not want the most recent?

  3. Re: Evaluation software

    On Aug 11, 3:08 pm, Paul Ilechko wrote:
    > ersimpso wrote:
    > > Where can I get version 5 and 6.0 of WebSphere Application server for
    > > both windows and Linux? Please forward URL's if you have any.
    > > Thanks, Ed

    > IBM doesn't typically make available evaluation copies of old releases
    > of software, its generally the most current version that is available
    > for evaluation. After all, if you're only evaluating it, why would you
    > not want the most recent?

    This is true. I want to install older version so as to learn how to
    administer them. I work for IBM Global Technologies in Web Services
    where I currently support BEA WebLogic and IIS. Working for IBM you
    would think I could get my hands on a copy.

  4. Re: Evaluation software

    ersimpso wrote:
    > On Aug 11, 3:08 pm, Paul Ilechko wrote:
    >> ersimpso wrote:
    >>> Where can I get version 5 and 6.0 of WebSphere Application server for
    >>> both windows and Linux? Please forward URL's if you have any.
    >>> Thanks, Ed

    >> IBM doesn't typically make available evaluation copies of old releases
    >> of software, its generally the most current version that is available
    >> for evaluation. After all, if you're only evaluating it, why would you
    >> not want the most recent?

    > This is true. I want to install older version so as to learn how to
    > administer them. I work for IBM Global Technologies in Web Services
    > where I currently support BEA WebLogic and IIS. Working for IBM you
    > would think I could get my hands on a copy.

    You might want to post this kind of stuff in an internal forum rather
    than a public newsgroup. One would assume IBM had internal resources.
    Ken

  5. Re: Evaluation software

    ersimpso wrote:

    > This is true. I want to install older version so as to learn how to
    > administer them. I work for IBM Global Technologies in Web Services
    > where I currently support BEA WebLogic and IIS. Working for IBM you
    > would think I could get my hands on a copy.

    You need to go to the IBM internal Extreme Leverage site for this. Just
    go to w3.ibm.com and search.

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread