SocketInputStream.socketRead0 hangs...please help!!! - Websphere

This is a discussion on SocketInputStream.socketRead0 hangs...please help!!! - Websphere ; Hi !! Our web application hangs sometimes when trying to create a new connection to the database using Drivermanager.getConnection. The thread waits forever in the socketRead0 function. Our application runs under a WAS 6.0 and the database is a db2 ...

  1. SocketInputStream.socketRead0 hangs...please help!!!

    Hi !!
    Our web application hangs sometimes when trying to create a new
    connection to the database using Drivermanager.getConnection. The
    thread waits forever in the socketRead0 function.
    Our application runs under a WAS 6.0 and the database is a db2 9.
    Here is the stack trace:

    java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0 in null native=true
    java.net.SocketInputStream.read in SocketInputStream.java
    native=false
    com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.db.b in db.java native=false
    com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.db.c in db.java native=false
    com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.db.c in db.java native=false
    com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.db.v in db.java native=false
    com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.eb.c in eb.java native=false
    com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b.lc in b.java native=false
    com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b.b in b.java native=false
    com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b.s in b.java native=false
    com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b.b in b.java native=false
    com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b.a in b.java native=false
    com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b. in b.java native=false
    com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver.connect in DB2Driver.java native=false
    java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection in DriverManager.java
    native=false
    java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection in DriverManager.java
    native=false

    Has anyone else experienced the same problem?
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks

  2. Re: SocketInputStream.socketRead0 hangs...please help!!!

    eldie wrote:
    > Hi !!
    > Our web application hangs sometimes when trying to create a new
    > connection to the database using Drivermanager.getConnection. The
    > thread waits forever in the socketRead0 function.
    > Our application runs under a WAS 6.0 and the database is a db2 9.
    > Here is the stack trace:
    >
    > java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0 in null native=true
    > java.net.SocketInputStream.read in SocketInputStream.java
    > native=false
    > com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.db.b in db.java native=false
    > com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.db.c in db.java native=false
    > com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.db.c in db.java native=false
    > com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.db.v in db.java native=false
    > com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.eb.c in eb.java native=false
    > com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b.lc in b.java native=false
    > com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b.b in b.java native=false
    > com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b.s in b.java native=false
    > com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b.b in b.java native=false
    > com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b.a in b.java native=false
    > com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b. in b.java native=false
    > com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver.connect in DB2Driver.java native=false
    > java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection in DriverManager.java
    > native=false
    > java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection in DriverManager.java
    > native=false
    >
    > Has anyone else experienced the same problem?
    > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    >
    > Thanks

    Has your DB2 license run out of connections?
    Ken

  3. Re: SocketInputStream.socketRead0 hangs...please help!!!

    Hi ken, Thank you for replaying.
    No, I don't think db2 run out of connections because if we restart
    only the WAS application server the site starts responding again.
    In the db2 logs we don't see nothing special.

    Maybe another thing I forgot to say is that between websphere and db2
    is a firewall. Do you think this can be related with the problem?

  4. Re: SocketInputStream.socketRead0 hangs...please help!!!

    eldie wrote:
    > Hi ken, Thank you for replaying.
    > No, I don't think db2 run out of connections because if we restart
    > only the WAS application server the site starts responding again.
    > In the db2 logs we don't see nothing special.
    >
    > Maybe another thing I forgot to say is that between websphere and db2
    > is a firewall. Do you think this can be related with the problem?

    sure. something's stopping communications.
    Ken

  5. Re: SocketInputStream.socketRead0 hangs...please help!!!

    But why an exception is not thrown?

+ Reply to Thread