How to setup username/password in WebSphere Application Server 6.0? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to setup username/password in WebSphere Application Server 6.0? - Websphere ; I installed WebSphere Application Server 6.0 on Linux machine. For default installation, people can access WAS Admin Consoles without username/password, For security issue, we want to setup username/password to limit the access of WAS Admin Console. How can we set ...

  1. How to setup username/password in WebSphere Application Server 6.0?

    I installed WebSphere Application Server 6.0 on Linux machine. For default installation, people can access WAS Admin Consoles without username/password, For security issue, we want to setup username/password to limit the access of WAS Admin Console. How can we set up such username/password? BY SSL?

    Zhiyi Li

  2. Re: How to setup username/password in WebSphere Application Server 6.0?

    This is documented in the InfoCenter.

  3. Re: How to setup username/password in WebSphere Application Server6.0?

    lzy12001@gmail.com wrote:
    > I installed WebSphere Application Server 6.0 on Linux machine. For
    > default installation, people can access WAS Admin Consoles without
    > username/password, For security issue, we want to setup
    > username/password to limit the access of WAS Admin Console. How can
    > we set up such username/password? BY SSL?

    As Ben says, this is well documented. And just to be clear, SSL has
    absolutely nothing to do with userids and passwords.

+ Reply to Thread