WAS 6.0 causes an exception on "InetAddress.getLocalHost()" - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS 6.0 causes an exception on "InetAddress.getLocalHost()" - Websphere ; Hello! Is there a reason why WAS 6.0 jvm would cause an exception on InetAddress.getLocalHost()? Could it be related to missing env vars? Thanks a lot in advance!!...

  1. WAS 6.0 causes an exception on "InetAddress.getLocalHost()"

    Hello!

    Is there a reason why WAS 6.0 jvm would cause an exception on
    InetAddress.getLocalHost()?

    Could it be related to missing env vars?

    Thanks a lot in advance!!

  2. Re: WAS 6.0 causes an exception on "InetAddress.getLocalHost()"

    On Aug 9, 10:26 am, Jose Cornado wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > Is there a reason why WAS 6.0 jvm would cause an exception on
    > InetAddress.getLocalHost()?
    >
    > Could it be related to missing env vars?
    >
    > Thanks a lot in advance!!

    Is this on Windows or Unix ?? How is this affecting your WAS server/
    App ?

    -Dexthor.

  3. Re: WAS 6.0 causes an exception on "InetAddress.getLocalHost()"

    On Aug 9, 5:39 pm, Dexthor wrote:
    > On Aug 9, 10:26 am, Jose Cornado wrote:
    >
    > > Hello!

    > > Is there a reason why WAS 6.0 jvm would cause an exception on
    > > InetAddress.getLocalHost()?

    > > Could it be related to missing env vars?

    > > Thanks a lot in advance!!

    > Is this on Windows or Unix ?? How is this affecting your WAS server/
    > App ?
    >
    > -Dexthor.

    Dexthor:

    thanks for the reply!

    It is on Windows. I am working on a product used to manage/configure
    AppServers so there is no app per se. The core product uses the
    AppServer jvm and is command line based. I am working on the UI that
    communicates with the core product. The UI is RCP which uses j2se jvm.
    So to avoid any surprises I decided that each should run with its own
    jvm. I am creating a java process to launch the core product with its
    own env, have it listening for connections, and then the UI opens a
    socket to the core process.

    It is inside the core process that InetAddress.getLocalHost() is
    failing while opening a ServerSocket.

    With WAS 5.1 this succeeds. So there is no App involved but the WAS
    X.X jvm involved.

    Thanks for your help!

  4. Re: WAS 6.0 causes an exception on "InetAddress.getLocalHost()"

    On Aug 9, 6:52 pm, Jose Cornado wrote:
    > On Aug 9, 5:39 pm, Dexthor wrote:
    >
    > > On Aug 9, 10:26 am, Jose Cornado wrote:

    > > > Hello!

    > > > Is there a reason why WAS 6.0 jvm would cause an exception on
    > > > InetAddress.getLocalHost()?

    > > > Could it be related to missing env vars?

    > > > Thanks a lot in advance!!

    > > Is this on Windows or Unix ?? How is this affecting your WAS server/
    > > App ?

    > > -Dexthor.

    > Dexthor:
    >
    > thanks for the reply!
    >
    > It is on Windows. I am working on a product used to manage/configure
    > AppServers so there is no app per se. The core product uses the
    > AppServer jvm and is command line based. I am working on the UI that
    > communicates with the core product. The UI is RCP which uses j2se jvm.
    > So to avoid any surprises I decided that each should run with its own
    > jvm. I am creating a java process to launch the core product with its
    > own env, have it listening for connections, and then the UI opens a
    > socket to the core process.
    >
    > It is inside the core process that InetAddress.getLocalHost() is
    > failing while opening a ServerSocket.
    >
    > With WAS 5.1 this succeeds. So there is no App involved but the WAS
    > X.X jvm involved.
    >
    > Thanks for your help!

    Well, Will try SOAP...

    --
    Josť Cornado

    --

    home: http://www.efekctive.com
    blog: http://www.efekctive.com/blogging

    Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to
    keep going back and beginning all over again.

    Andre Gide

+ Reply to Thread