How to speed up WS deployment time? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to speed up WS deployment time? - Websphere ; Hi, We are developing some relatively simple web applications (no EJB's, just JSF+Spring+Hibernate). The thing that speeds me down is the deployment time (I'm using WAS 6.1 with RSA 7). Every change forces the server to reload the entire application. ...

  1. How to speed up WS deployment time?

    Hi,

    We are developing some relatively simple web applications (no EJB's, just JSF+Spring+Hibernate). The thing that speeds me down is the deployment time (I'm using WAS 6.1 with RSA 7). Every change forces the server to reload the entire application.

    Do you know any trick to speed up the deployment time ? This alone is one of the best things RoR -no deployment time-.

    Any comment would be really welcome.

    Regards,
    Juan

  2. Re: How to speed up WS deployment time?

    One of the largest impacts would be the number of wsadmin calls you do
    during deployment. Ideally you would want to call wsadmin 1 time and
    then do all of your logic inside of that call.

  3. Re: How to speed up WS deployment time?

    Hi,

    Please see the InfoCenter documentation on Hot Deployment and Dynamic Reloading:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...otupgrade.html

    Brian

  4. Re: How to speed up WS deployment time?

    Thank you Brian. I didn't know it.

+ Reply to Thread