SRVE0068E error in Express 6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on SRVE0068E error in Express 6.1 - Websphere ; Hi, I have Alphablox installed on a new installation of WAS Express 6.1, latest fixpack applied. When I try to get to the Alphablox administration page I get the following error: Error 500: No Factory registered for com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletRequest Obviously this ...

  1. SRVE0068E error in Express 6.1

    Hi,

    I have Alphablox installed on a new installation of WAS Express 6.1, latest fixpack applied. When I try to get to the Alphablox administration page I get the following error:
    Error 500: No Factory registered for com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletRequest

    Obviously this is an internal server error (500) but can anyone give me a clue where to look to resolve this problem.

    The SystemOut.log shows the following error:
    SRVE0068E: Uncaught exception thrown in one of the service methods of the servlet: HomeServlet. Exception thrown : java.lang.RuntimeException: No Factory registered for com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletRequest
    at com.alphablox.server.bloxcontext.BloxContextFactor yImpl._getFactory(Unknown Source)
    at com.alphablox.server.bloxcontext.BloxContextFactor yImpl.getFactory(Unknown Source)

    Thanks, Bob Eyres IBM GNR Services

  2. Re: SRVE0068E error in Express 6.1

    Hi Bob,

    It appears that there is an error in the service(ServletRequest, ServletResponse) method in the Servlet. I do not know anything about Alphablox, so I do not know what it is trying to do. Are you sure that Alphablox will run on WebSphere 6.1?

    Brian

  3. Re: SRVE0068E error in Express 6.1

    Hi,

    yes positive it supports WAS 6.1.
    From the docs...IBM WebSphere(R) Application Server 6.0 and later, 5.1.1 and later Includes support for Express editions

    I was thinking that maybe there was something missing and it looks like it might just be a Java classpath thing.
    In Windows, where does WAS pick up the classpath from? The Windows enviroemnt variable?

    Bob

  4. Re: SRVE0068E error in Express 6.1

    Hi,

    Under all the systems, the classpath is set under /bin/setupCmdLine.sh.

    I don't think it is a classpath problem, as you would see a ClassNotFound or similar error. There maybe something it is reading in that needs to be set. Usually, the service() method is used to accept a HTTP request and return a HTTP response. It is doing something that is not working.

    Brian

+ Reply to Thread