is there a way to upgrade the trial version to a licensed version? - Websphere

This is a discussion on is there a way to upgrade the trial version to a licensed version? - Websphere ; Hi, Our company downloaded and installed the trial version for WAS express 6.1, and now we purchased the licensed version. Is there a quick way to just upgrade the currently installed trial version, instead of the usual process of uninstalling ...

  1. is there a way to upgrade the trial version to a licensed version?

    Hi,
    Our company downloaded and installed the trial version for WAS express 6.1, and now we purchased the licensed version.
    Is there a quick way to just upgrade the currently installed trial version, instead of the usual process of uninstalling and installing?
    This is for saving time and effort, since our test installation pretty much has all the configuration we will be using for production...

    I know in DB2, this can be done... it's just dealing with a license file.
    i'm hoping a similar thing can be done for WAS express 6.1

    Thanks!

  2. Re: is there a way to upgrade the trial version to a licensed version?

    See if it helps:
    * http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg21205083
    * http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg21242165

    You need to play with was.license, if I read correctly.

  3. Re: is there a way to upgrade the trial version to a licensed version?

    Express and Trial are not the same things. Express does not have an
    expiry. If you installed Trial and have a regular WAS, when you
    attempt to install WAS to the same machine, it should offer you the
    option of upgrading the existing Trial instead of installing a new
    copy.

    Sam Wong
    samw@ca.ibm.com

    On Aug 7, 6:12 pm, wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Our company downloaded and installed the trial version for WAS express 6.1, and now we purchased the licensed version.
    > Is there a quick way to just upgrade the currently installed trial version, instead of the usual process of uninstalling and installing?
    > This is for saving time and effort, since our test installation pretty much has all the configuration we will be using for production...
    >
    > I know in DB2, this can be done... it's just dealing with a license file.
    > i'm hoping a similar thing can be done for WAS express 6.1
    >
    > Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread