Thick client app ("swing") with WSAS 6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Thick client app ("swing") with WSAS 6.1 - Websphere ; Hi everyone, I am doing swing client application which communicate with WebSphere AS through remoting of EJB. But to compile an application I need to link two very big jars (30MBs) from installation of WebSphere (ws_runtime.jar and com.ibm.ws.webservices.thinclient_6.1.0.jar) which is ...

  1. Thick client app ("swing") with WSAS 6.1

    Hi everyone, I am doing swing client application which communicate with WebSphere AS through remoting of EJB. But to compile an application I need to link
    two very big jars (30MBs) from installation of WebSphere (ws_runtime.jar and com.ibm.ws.webservices.thinclient_6.1.0.jar) which is not very cool. Is there better way to link those classes? Second and much bigger problem is that
    my code need IBM JRE from WebSphere installation otherwise my application failing on ClassCastException (other implementation of some ORB related classes).
    Is there any solution? How to make application to connect to WS AS with classic sun's JRE?

  2. Re: Thick client app ("swing") with WSAS 6.1

    Use the WAS Pluggable Application Client. An article that describes it is at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we...09_bhogal.html . This client is one of the installable options on the WAS client installation CD.

    lammerc@atlas.cz wrote:
    > Hi everyone, I am doing swing client application which communicate with WebSphere AS through remoting of EJB. But to compile an application I need to link
    > two very big jars (30MBs) from installation of WebSphere (ws_runtime.jar and com.ibm.ws.webservices.thinclient_6.1.0.jar) which is not very cool. Is there better way to link those classes? Second and much bigger problem is that
    > my code need IBM JRE from WebSphere installation otherwise my application failing on ClassCastException (other implementation of some ORB related classes).
    > Is there any solution? How to make application to connect to WS AS with classic sun's JRE?

+ Reply to Thread