How to increase the request timeout - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to increase the request timeout - Websphere ; Hi I have a web service, generated by RAD, where I need to change the request timeout in the Web Service client bindings. The docs say I can do this in admin console. The problem is its not showing up ...

  1. How to increase the request timeout

    Hi
    I have a web service, generated by RAD, where I need to change the request timeout in the Web Service client bindings.
    The docs say I can do this in admin console. The problem is its not showing up and I don't know why.

    The InfoCenter docs tells me that the request timeout setting can be found at
    "click Applications >Enterprise Applications > application_instance > Manage Modules > module_instance >Web services client bindings > Edit"
    When I take this path I get to "Applications >Enterprise Applications > application_instance > Manage Modules > module_instance" but then find that Web Services client bindings is not an available option.

    When I look at the PlantsByWebsphere app I can see the Web Service client bindings .. but not in mine and I liked to know why.

    I was also advised that I might be able to change the value using the wsadmin tool using wsadmin>$AdminApp editInteractive but unfortunately the option to modify the request timeout value did not show up there either.

    Can anyone suggest a) why the client bindings option isn't showing up and b) how I can get to change it.

    Many thanks, Bob Eyres IBM GNR Software Services

  2. Re: How to increase the request timeout

    Hi,

    It sounds like the application was not deployed correctly. You may want to redeploy the application and make sure that you deploy the web services.

    Brian

+ Reply to Thread