Re: Single Sign on - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: Single Sign on - Websphere ; Brian S Paskin wrote: > Hi, As far as I know you cannot use the logon credentials that the > user used to signon to the local PC. Single Signon applies to the > systems that you are accessing through ...

  1. Re: Single Sign on

    Brian S Paskin wrote:
    > Hi, As far as I know you cannot use the logon credentials that the
    > user used to signon to the local PC. Single Signon applies to the
    > systems that you are accessing through WebSphere.

    For some reason I don't see the original post, but in fact there is a
    way to use the original windows credentials to get SSO to WAS. This is
    achieved by using the SPNEGO TAI. It is described in the WAS infocenter.
    This is only available in the product with WAS 6.1, but a version was
    available "as-is" for WAS 5.1.1 and WAS 6.0 as part of a services
    engagement with IBM Software Services for WebSphere (ISSW).

  2. Re: Single Sign on

    I forgot about the TAI. I have never implemented it and I try to stay away from Windows as much as possible. :-)

    Brian

+ Reply to Thread