SRVE0080E - Invalid content length - Websphere

This is a discussion on SRVE0080E - Invalid content length - Websphere ; Hi! On this page http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg21239783 is a description of a problem, that I'm getting on Websphere Application Server 6. Anyone knows what is the solution? I do not understand how to implement the solution, that is represented on that page. ...

  1. SRVE0080E - Invalid content length

    Hi!

    On this page http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg21239783 is a description of a problem, that I'm getting on Websphere Application Server 6. Anyone knows what is the solution? I do not understand how to implement the solution, that is represented on that page.

    Thank you!

  2. Re: SRVE0080E - Invalid content length

    Hi, This occurs when the client side passes the wrong length of the content that is passed to the server side. Your client side application needs to send the correct length back to the server side.

    Brian

  3. Re: SRVE0080E - Invalid content length

    Yes I know, that I must send the correct content length. I want to know how do I do that? I tried with Servlet filter, but it's not working. What is the exact solution?

  4. Re: SRVE0080E - Invalid content length

    Hi, what type of architecture do you have? Just JSPs talking with Servlets?

    Brian

  5. Re: SRVE0080E - Invalid content length

    Webservice is created in Rational Application Developer 7.0.3 for WAS 6. On the client side is a portlet project (JSR 168 with JSF) for Websphere Portal 6.

  6. Re: SRVE0080E - Invalid content length

    Hi,

    I have experienced the same problem with JSF pages. I would try to narrow which page or pages the error is coming from and examine the tags that are being used and the compiled code. What I have usually found is that some logic in the JSF was not doing what was needed.

    If the problem is coming from the web service, then check the ws client. It might be generated with an older version or not generating the SOAP request properly.

    Unfortunately, there is no magic to solve the problem. You may also want to use the IBM Trace services to get more information.

    Brian

+ Reply to Thread