WAS 5.1 on 64 bit? - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS 5.1 on 64 bit? - Websphere ; I looked on my passport advantage site to see if there was a 64 bit version of WAS 5.1 for Wintel (or any OS for that matter). I didn't find any downloads and I also did a search on the ...

  1. WAS 5.1 on 64 bit?

    I looked on my passport advantage site to see if there was a 64 bit version
    of WAS 5.1 for Wintel (or any OS for that matter). I didn't find any
    downloads and I also did a search on the IBM support site and came up empty.

    Does a 64 bit version of WAS 5.1 exist?

    Thanks

  2. Re: WAS 5.1 on 64 bit?

    mark simko wrote:
    > I looked on my passport advantage site to see if there was a 64 bit version
    > of WAS 5.1 for Wintel (or any OS for that matter). I didn't find any
    > downloads and I also did a search on the IBM support site and came up empty.
    >
    > Does a 64 bit version of WAS 5.1 exist?
    >
    > Thanks

    No, 64-bit support was mostly added in 6.0.1.

    you can check supported platforms for each WAS version in:

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg27006921

    but you should be able to run 32 bit versions in 6.4 bit platforms
    (though 5.1 is a bit old now and going out of support in a month anyhow)

  3. Re: WAS 5.1 on 64 bit?

    > (though 5.1 is a bit old now and going out of support in a month anyhow)

    My clock must be wrong or you meant to say a "year":
    "
    WebSphere Application Server 5.1
    Genaral availability: 16 Jan 2004
    End of support: 26 Sep 2008
    "
    http://www-306.ibm.com/software/supp...dex_a_z.html#W

  4. Re: WAS 5.1 on 64 bit?

    Ben_ wrote:
    >> (though 5.1 is a bit old now and going out of support in a month anyhow)

    > My clock must be wrong or you meant to say a "year":
    > "
    > WebSphere Application Server 5.1
    > Genaral availability: 16 Jan 2004
    > End of support: 26 Sep 2008 "
    > http://www-306.ibm.com/software/supp...dex_a_z.html#W

    Oops, i guess I'm the one who doesn't know the year we are in. :-(

  5. Re: WAS 5.1 on 64 bit?

    There might be one for OS/400. The default JVM for OS/400 has been 64-
    bit for ages (only the very latest version of the OS have a 32-bit JVM
    available). I don't know whether WAS ships with its own JVM, or
    whether it would use the default OS/400 JVM.

+ Reply to Thread