Classloading error with Axis on Websphere6.0.2 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Classloading error with Axis on Websphere6.0.2 - Websphere ; Our issue is that we have a business process application that runs on Websphere 5.1 while using alfresco-client for web service calls but gets this exception on Websphere 6.0.2 due an axis.jar conflict (alfresco requires axis 1.4, our app requires ...

  1. Classloading error with Axis on Websphere6.0.2

    Our issue is that we have a business process application that runs on Websphere 5.1 while using alfresco-client for web service calls but gets this exception on Websphere 6.0.2 due an axis.jar conflict (alfresco requires axis 1.4, our app requires axis 1.3):

    /2/07 12:02:41:321 CDT] 0000002f EngineConfigu W org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationF actoryFinder newFactory Factory com.lombardisoftware.server.eai.soap.axis.TWAxisEn gineConfigurationFactory Ignored: missing required method: public static EngineConfigurationFactory newFactory(Object).
    [8/2/07 12:02:41:321 CDT] 0000002f EngineConfigu W org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationF actoryFinder newFactory Factory org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationF actoryServlet Ignored: missing required method: public static EngineConfigurationFactory newFactory(Object).
    [8/2/07 12:02:41:336 CDT] 0000002f EngineConfigu W org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationF actoryFinder newFactory Factory org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationF actoryDefault Ignored: missing required method: public static EngineConfigurationFactory newFactory(Object).
    [8/2/07 12:02:41:336 CDT] 0000002f EngineConfigu E org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationF actoryFinder$1 run Unable to locate a valid EngineConfigurationFactory
    [8/2/07 12:02:41:336 CDT] 0000002f SystemOut O exception = java.lang.NullPointerException

    Below are the classloader settings that we have:

    teamworks.war (our application) parent_last
    twprocsvr (our application server) parent_first
    afr_lib (our alfresco client libraries) parent_first

    This setup works on Websphere 5.1, but the same setup fails with the above error on Websphere 6.0.2.

    When we switch the teamworks.war to parent_first classloading, Alfresco works, but our teamworks app breaks.

    Can you give us guidance on deploying the alfresco client on Websphere6.0.2 with apps that are currently using an older Axis1.3 version?
    Thanks for your help,
    Mark

  2. Re: Classloading error with Axis on Websphere6.0.2

    Just a follow up to this, is that I think the basic question we have an application server (process server) which makes use of both an ear as well as shared libraries which require different versions of axis.jar which we need to keep separate by setting up the proper classloading settings for all three entities (the process server, the ear, and the shared libraries) and what worked on websphere 5.1 doesn't seem to work on websphere 6.0.2.

+ Reply to Thread