Application Server security - Websphere

This is a discussion on Application Server security - Websphere ; I just ran into a topic that we can enable the global security for the WebSphere console, However we can disable the security on the App server. My question is why do we ever want to do that? What is ...

  1. Application Server security

    I just ran into a topic that we can enable the global security for the WebSphere console,
    However we can disable the security on the App server. My question is why do we
    ever want to do that? What is the use of enabling global security when the app server
    Security is disabled. Can anyone give me an example plz?

    Is there anyway that I can test my app server to see if its security is enabled or not?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Application Server security

    gmanavipour@cds.com wrote:
    > I just ran into a topic that we can enable the global security for the WebSphere console,
    > However we can disable the security on the App server. My question is why do we
    > ever want to do that? What is the use of enabling global security when the app server
    > Security is disabled. Can anyone give me an example plz?

    I would *never* advise doing this. Hoewever, some people want to lock
    down the WAS infrastructure, but want to use their own homegrown
    security for applications.

+ Reply to Thread