Unknown exception using Quartz in IBM WebSphere 5.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Unknown exception using Quartz in IBM WebSphere 5.1 - Websphere ; All, I have a web application using Quartz 1.5.2 to call an EJB. I fellow the example completely in http://www.theserverside.com/tt/blog...chedulerInJ2EE and run it in IBM WebSphere 5.1 but I got the following Exception. In addition, the servlet can invoke the ...

  1. Unknown exception using Quartz in IBM WebSphere 5.1

    All,

    I have a web application using Quartz 1.5.2 to call an EJB. I fellow the example completely in http://www.theserverside.com/tt/blog...chedulerInJ2EE and run it in IBM WebSphere 5.1 but I got the following Exception. In addition, the servlet can invoke the EJB successfully if no Quartz was used. What's the problem???

    Code Snippet
    //QuartzServlet
    super.init(config);
    /*
    // EJB can be invoked if no Quartz was used
    try {

    Object obj = ctx.lookup("ejb/ejbs/HelloHome");
    HelloHome ejbHome = (HelloHome)
    PortableRemoteObject.narrow(obj,HelloHome.class);
    Hello ejbObject = ejbHome.create();
    ejbObject.hello();
    } catch (Exception e) {e.printStackTrace();}
    */

    System.out.println("Scheduling Job ..");
    JobDetail jd = new JobDetail("Test Quartz","My Test Job",EJBInvokerJob.class);
    jd.getJobDataMap().put("ejb", "ejb/ejbs/HelloHome");
    jd.getJobDataMap().put("method", "hello");
    Object[] jdArgs = new Object[0];
    jd.getJobDataMap().put("args", jdArgs);
    CronTrigger cronTrigger = new CronTrigger("Test Quartz", "Test Quartz");

    try {
    String cronExpr = null;
    // Get the cron Expression as an Init parameter
    cronExpr = getInitParameter("cronExpr");
    System.out.println(cronExpr);
    cronTrigger.setCronExpression(cronExpr);
    Scheduler sched = StdSchedulerFactory.getDefaultScheduler();
    sched.scheduleJob(jd, cronTrigger);
    System.out.println("Job scheduled now ..");
    } catch (Exception e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
    }

  2. Re: Unknown exception using Quartz in IBM WebSphere 5.1

    What exception are you receiving?

    Brian

  3. Re: Unknown exception using Quartz in IBM WebSphere 5.1

    Exception is shown below:

    [8/3/07 19:05:05:056 CST] 72588777 JobRunShell I org.quartz.core.JobRunShell TRAS0014I: The following exception was logged org.quartz.JobExecutionException: java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
    java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f896 No; nested exception is:
    org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : ejbs.HelloBean vmcid: IBM minor code: 896 completed: No [See nested exception: java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
    java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f896 No; nested exception is:
    org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : ejbs.HelloBean vmcid: IBM minor code: 896 completed: No]
    at org.quartz.jobs.ee.ejb.EJBInvokerJob.execute(EJBIn vokerJob.java:177)
    at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:2 03)
    at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run (SimpleThreadPool.java:520)
    * Nested Exception (Underlying Cause) ---------------
    java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
    java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f896 No; nested exception is:
    org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : ejbs.HelloBean vmcid: IBM minor code: 896 completed: No
    at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.UtilDelegateImpl.wrapException( UtilDelegateImpl.java:690)
    at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.wrapException(Util.java:296)
    at ejbs._HelloHome_Stub.getEJBMetaData(_HelloHome_Stu b.java:157)
    at org.quartz.jobs.ee.ejb.EJBInvokerJob.execute(EJBIn vokerJob.java:175)
    at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:2 03)
    at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run (SimpleThreadPool.java:520)
    Caused by: java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f896 No; nested exception is:
    org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : ejbs.HelloBean vmcid: IBM minor code: 896 completed: No
    at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.UtilDelegateImpl.mapSystemExcep tion(UtilDelegateImpl.java:204)
    at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.mapSystemException(Util.java: 84)
    at com.ibm.rmi.util.ProxyUtil.copyObject(ProxyUtil.ja va:482)
    at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.UtilDelegateImpl.copyObject(Uti lDelegateImpl.java:789)
    at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.copyObject(Util.java:333)
    at ejbs._HelloHome_Stub.getEJBMetaData(_HelloHome_Stu b.java:154)
    ... 3 more
    Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : ejbs.HelloBean vmcid: IBM minor code: 896 completed: No
    at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.CDRInputStream.read_value(CDRInpu tStream.java:1376)
    at com.ibm.rmi.util.ProxyUtil.copyObject(ProxyUtil.ja va:450)
    ... 6 more
    ..
[...]

  4. Re: Unknown exception using Quartz in IBM WebSphere 5.1

    dbajoe2000@yahoo.com.hk wrote:
    > Exception is shown below:
    >
    > [8/3/07 19:05:05:056 CST] 72588777 JobRunShell I org.quartz.core.JobRunShell TRAS0014I: The following exception was logged org.quartz.JobExecutionException: java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
    > java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f896 No; nested exception is:
    > org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : ejbs.HelloBean vmcid: IBM minor code: 896 completed: No [See nested exception: java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
    > java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f896 No; nested exception is:
    > org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : ejbs.HelloBean vmcid: IBM minor code: 896 completed: No]
    > at org.quartz.jobs.ee.ejb.EJBInvokerJob.execute(EJBIn vokerJob.java:177)
    > at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:2 03)
    > at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run (SimpleThreadPool.java:520)
    > [chop]

    Couple of WAGs:

    + the class definitions have changed and no longer match
    + one of the values isn't serializable

    Ian

    --
    ian.burnett@uk.ibm.com :: IBM, Hursley, UK