JDBC provider scope setting.. - Websphere

This is a discussion on JDBC provider scope setting.. - Websphere ; hi all, i have a question regarding scopes..if anyone can help me it will be appreciated. Q: A new JDBC provider is being created in a cell in which the servers run different operating systems. Which of the scopes can ...

  1. JDBC provider scope setting..

    hi all,

    i have a question regarding scopes..if anyone can help me it will be appreciated.
    Q: A new JDBC provider is being created in a cell in which the servers run different operating systems. Which of the scopes can be used?
    cluster scope or server scope or node scope or cell scope?

    if servers run different OS..does it make any difference?

    thanks in advance
    Madhu

  2. Re: JDBC provider scope setting..

    Hi, You probably want to set it at the Node or Server for two reasons. The first is for granularity. If you have to make a change then you will only affect the Node or Server being change. The second is that you are entering the driver information. If you set it the Cell level, for example, then you would have to have the driver in the same location on each system.

    Brian

  3. Re: JDBC provider scope setting..

    thanx for the reply Brian.

+ Reply to Thread