HTTP digest authentication - Websphere

This is a discussion on HTTP digest authentication - Websphere ; Can anyone confirm (or not) whether WebSphere 6.x supports HTTP digest authentication? It looks like WebSphere 5.x doesn't support it but how about 6.x? The documentation is not clear on this. It seems strange that WebSphere supports many of the ...

  1. HTTP digest authentication

    Can anyone confirm (or not) whether WebSphere 6.x supports HTTP digest authentication? It looks like WebSphere 5.x doesn't support it but how about 6.x? The documentation is not clear on this. It seems strange that WebSphere supports many of the WS-Security authentication schemes but not HTTP digest authentication.

    Any doc/info on this topic is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Martin Breining

  2. Re: HTTP digest authentication

    Martin Breining wrote:
    > Can anyone confirm (or not) whether WebSphere 6.x supports HTTP
    > digest authentication? It looks like WebSphere 5.x doesn't support it
    > but how about 6.x? The documentation is not clear on this. It seems
    > strange that WebSphere supports many of the WS-Security
    > authentication schemes but not HTTP digest authentication.
    >
    > Any doc/info on this topic is appreciated.

    I don't believe so. AFAIK, the only options are username token, x.509,
    LTPA or identity assertion. If you want something else, it's probably
    supported by datapower ...

+ Reply to Thread