how can we find out the applications running on a particular serveron WAS 6.1 ND - Websphere

This is a discussion on how can we find out the applications running on a particular serveron WAS 6.1 ND - Websphere ; hi, how can we find out the applications runnning on a particular server on WAS 6.1 ND . i m trying to find out the applications running on a particular server from the admin console. could anyone of u help ...

  1. how can we find out the applications running on a particular serveron WAS 6.1 ND

    hi,
    how can we find out the applications runnning on a particular server on WAS 6.1 ND . i m trying to find out the applications running on a particular server from the admin console. could anyone of u help me to find out the applications running on a particular server in the admin console. i need to know how to navigation also in the admin console to find out that.

    Thanks,
    mnc

  2. Re: how can we find out the applications running on a particularserver on WAS 6.1 ND

    mahendra959@yahoo.com wrote:
    > hi, how can we find out the applications runnning on a particular
    > server on WAS 6.1 ND . i m trying to find out the applications
    > running on a particular server from the admin console. could anyone
    > of u help me to find out the applications running on a particular
    > server in the admin console. i need to know how to navigation also in
    > the admin console to find out that.
    >
    > Thanks, mnc

    did you try clicking on the links in the navigation bar?

  3. Re: how can we find out the applications running on aparticular<br> server on WAS 6.1 ND

    i am trying to see. i could find out in the WAS 6.1. there is a direct link called "installed applications" under a particular server. but i cant find out in was 6.0. could you plz tell me how to check the installed applications on a particular server in was 6.0

  4. Re: how can we find out the applications running on aparticular<br> server on WAS 6.1 ND

    I am not sure if you can check what applications are deployed on a particular server but you can see what server an application is deployed on.

  5. Re: how can we find out the applications running on aparticular<br> server on WAS 6.1 ND

    Hi, you can do this using the wsadmin.sh command and writing a small JACL or Jython script.

    Brian

  6. BrianSPaskin could u plz tell me the solution to see the runningapps. on a particularserver on WAS6

    BrianSPaskin could u plz tell me the solution to see the running apps. on a particular server on WAS 6.0 ND.u said by using wsadmin.sh. but i dont know how to. with what command i need to run with wsadmin.sh. could u plz say clearly

  7. Re: BrianSPaskin could u plz tell me the solution to see the runningapps. on a particularserver on WAS6

    mahendra959@yahoo.com wrote:
    > BrianSPaskin could u plz tell me the solution to see the running
    > apps. on a particular server on WAS 6.0 ND.u said by using
    > wsadmin.sh. but i dont know how to. with what command i need to run
    > with wsadmin.sh. could u plz say clearly

    The purpose of this n.g. is not to do your job for you. How much time
    exactly did you spend looking into wsadmin scripting and trying to
    figure it out? Less than forty minutes, based on the posting times. Did
    you try going to the WAS infocenter and typing in "wsadmin" in the
    search box? Do you even know how to find the WAS infocenter ?

  8. Re: ----- could u plz tell me the solution to see the running apps.on a particularserver on

    Hi, the wsadmin.sh allows commands to be executed to view, add, update, or modify the WebSphere environment. The wsadmin.sh is found in /bin directory.

    Unfortunately, I do not have time at the present to write the little script to show the applications on each server. However, you need to loop through the nodes and get the ServerEntry and get the attributes. One of the attributes is the server name and another attribute is the names of the applications deployed on the server.

  9. Re: BrianSPaskin could u plz tell me the solution to see the running apps. on a particularserver on WAS6

    New comers are welcome.

    However, posting here won't save you readings in the InfoCenter and trying
    by yourself.

    You need to get familiar with the InfoCenter to learn about the product and
    find answers to your questions.

    Especially, when you indicated in a previous post that you wanted to take a
    certification...

  10. Re: BrianSPaskin could u plz tell me the solution to see the running apps. on a particularserver on WAS6

    Google for "wsadmin list application":
    * first hit: "Listing applications with the wsadmin tool". This articles
    tells how to "query the configuration and create a list of installed
    applications on a given target scope".
    * second hit: "Starting the wsadmin scripting client".

    Damn, that was difficult. I'm tired. I need a break...

  11. Re: ----- could u plz tell me the solution to see the running apps.on a particularserver on

    Hi, I am including a JACL script on the DeveloperWorks forum which lists the names of the applications deployed on a particular server, within a node, within a cell.

    To launch:
    /bin/wsadmin.sh -f /applicationStatus.jacl

    As mentioned before by others, you need to get familiar with the Info Center documentation.

    Brian

  12. Re: BrianSPaskin could u plz tell me the solution to see therunning apps. on a particularserver on WAS6

    thanks Brianspaskin for your script.now i m studying infocenter u get the doubts clear.

  13. Re: how can we find out the applications running on a particularserver on WAS 6.1 ND

    From the Admin Console
    Click Servers -> Application Servers -> Server name (ex: server1) -> Applications -> Installed Applicaitons.

    Or you can use the wsadmin to pass a script. Try to get some examples from the Using the Administrative Clients Information Center.

  14. Re: how can we find out the applications running on a particularserver on WAS 6.1 ND

    AdminApp.list("WebSphere:cell=yourcellname,node=yournodename,serv er=yourservername")

    put the above line in a file "test.py"

    profile_root/bin/wsadmin.sh -lang jython -f "path to test.py"

+ Reply to Thread