Random Core dump with signal 4 or 11 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Random Core dump with signal 4 or 11 - Websphere ; Hello ! We are running our application on AIX5.2 and Websphere 5.1 (JVM 1.4.1). The server randomly crashes with signal 4 or 11. The javacore files show that it never crashes on the same part of the application. We use ...

  1. Random Core dump with signal 4 or 11

    Hello !

    We are running our application on AIX5.2 and Websphere 5.1 (JVM 1.4.1).

    The server randomly crashes with signal 4 or 11.

    The javacore files show that it never crashes on the same part of the application.

    We use JNI calls of C++ components, so we looked at them, but the SIGSEGV does not give any clue:

    1TISIGINFO signal 11 received
    1TIDATETIME Date: 2007/07/16 at 12:26:30
    1TIFILENAME Javacore filename: /apps/WebSphere/AppServer51/javacore1429732.1184
    NULL ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    0SECTION XHPI subcomponent dump routine
    NULL ==============================
    1XHTIME Mon Jul 16 12:26:30 2007
    1XHSIGRECV SIGSEGV received at 0x6463f43c in . Processing terminated.
    1XHFULLVERSION J2RE 1.4.1 IBM AIX build ca1411-20031011

    We have no more ideas of where to search for ...

    If anybody has any idea.

    Thanks !

  2. Re: Random Core dump with signal 4 or 11

    Did you look into
    http://download.boulder.ibm.com/ibmd...iag141sr1.pdf? This
    "Diagnostics Guide" may give you some ideas how to localize the problem.

  3. Re: Random Core dump with signal 4 or 11

    Normally, the active threads in the core dump should give helpful
    information.

    The JVM Diagnostic Guide pointed by Yuriy has a complete section on
    debugging native core crashes.

    Before digging into it, you could exclude the responsibility of WebSphere by
    applying the latest SDK fixes, just to be sure.

    But if it persists, the C++ component is a good suspect.

+ Reply to Thread