Debugging app deployed to WAS6 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Debugging app deployed to WAS6 - Websphere ; Hi, I am using WAS 6.0 and am trying to remotely debug application using Eclipse 3.2. I am able to connect to the server and start debugging when application initializes, however during initialization an exception is thrown that does not ...

  1. Debugging app deployed to WAS6

    Hi, I am using WAS 6.0 and am trying to remotely debug application using Eclipse 3.2. I am able to connect to the server and start debugging when application initializes, however during initialization an exception is thrown that does not appear when JVM for that server is not configured for debugging. The exception happens when trying to initialize hibernate:

    java.lang.IllegalAccessError: cannot access superclass org/apache/xalan/processor/ProcessorStylesheetElement from class com/ibm/debug/xalan/interpreted/ExtendProcessorStylesheetElement

    java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
    java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java :800)
    java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Secure ClassLoader.java:147)
    java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader .java:474)
    java.net.URLClassLoader.access$500(URLClassLoader. java:108)
    java.net.URLClassLoader$ClassFinder.run(URLClassLo ader.java:846)
    java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged1(Nativ e Method)
    java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Access Controller.java:389)
    java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava:370)
    com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader.findClass(ExtC lassLoader.java:103)
    java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:5 62)
    java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:4 94)
    com.ibm.debug.xdi.jaxp.xalan.interpreted.DebugStyl esheetHandler.(DebugStylesheetHandler.java:143)
    com.ibm.debug.xdi.jaxp.xalan.interpreted.DebugTran sformerFactory.newTemplatesHandler(DebugTransforme rFactory.java:198)
    org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl. newTemplates(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:846)
    com.ibm.debug.xdi.jaxp.xalan.interpreted.DebugTran sformerFactory.newTemplates(DebugTransformerFactor y.java:297)
    net.sf.hibernate.xml.XMLDatabinder.getOutputStyleS heetTemplates(XMLDatabinder.java:254)
    net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.(SessionFactoryImpl.java:161)
    net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFac tory(Configuration.java:796)
    com.rgatp.hous.dao.util.PersistenceManager.init(Pe rsistenceManager.java:220)
    com.rgatp.hous.dao.util.PersistenceManager.getSess ionFactory(PersistenceManager.java:147)
    com.rgatp.hous.core.SchedulerServlet.init(Schedule rServlet.java:36)
    com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.ini t(ServletWrapper.java:262)
    com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.ini tialize(ServletWrapper.java:1319)
    com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.extension.WebExtensionP rocessor.createServletWrapper(WebExtensionProcesso r.java:84)
    com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.initializeTa rgetMappings(WebApp.java:540)
    com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.initialize(W ebApp.java:379)
    com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.addWebAppl ication(WebGroup.java:114)
    com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.VirtualHost.addWebApplicat ion(VirtualHost.java:127)
    com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.addWebApp(Web Container.java:776)
    com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.addWebApplica tion(WebContainer.java:729)
    com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.WebContainerImpl.inst all(WebContainerImpl.java:140)
    com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.WebContainerImpl.star t(WebContainerImpl.java:360)
    com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.st art(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:1019)
    com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationIm pl.fireDeployedObjectStart(DeployedApplicationImpl .java:1028)
    com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedModuleImpl.st art(DeployedModuleImpl.java:538)
    com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationIm pl.start(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:724)
    com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.st artApplication(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:683)
    com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl$Ap pInitializer.run(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:1678)
    com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ComponentImpl$_Asynch Initializer.run(ComponentImpl.java:304)
    com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.j ava:1332)

    I realize that I am not giving enough information here, but I am not sure what information I need to provide - I know very little about WAS6 (I do all of my development on JBoss).

    Please point me in the right direction for troubleshooting and if needed please tell me what information I can provide to help solve this problem.

    thanks

    Andrey

  2. Re: Debugging app deployed to WAS6

    Ok, I finally figured out my problem - we were overriding Xalan and Xerces libraries by using endorsed folder. Once I removed those libraries, this error went away and I stumbled upon another one, this one being described in http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg1PK12374. Thanks to everyone who tried to help

+ Reply to Thread