Session Affinity, Transaction Management in WAS V6 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Session Affinity, Transaction Management in WAS V6 - Websphere ; Hello All, Ihave installed the plugin, and the snoop is working fine, and the alo used is round robin. But i have a doubt here regarding the session management and the transaction management. Is there any specific properties to be ...

  1. Session Affinity, Transaction Management in WAS V6

    Hello All,

    Ihave installed the plugin, and the snoop is working fine, and the alo used is round robin.
    But i have a doubt here regarding the session management and the transaction management.
    Is there any specific properties to be set/configured for maintaining the sessions or transactions across the requests flowing in.

    Regards
    S.Manoj

  2. Re: Session Affinity, Transaction Management in WAS V6

    Hi, Why do you think that session affinity is not working? Once you get an HTTP Session the request should always go back to the same Application Server, unless the Application Server is not available. The Snoop servlet does not start an HTTP Session, so it will go though round robin.

    What are your problems with session and transaction management?
    Session Management is set at the server layer: Application servers > > Session management

    Brian

  3. Re: Session Affinity, Transaction Management in WAS V6

    manoj.suddapalli@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Ihave installed the plugin, and the snoop is working fine, and the alo used is round robin.
    > But i have a doubt here regarding the session management and the transaction management.
    > Is there any specific properties to be set/configured for maintaining the sessions or transactions across the requests flowing in.

    Transactions should not be flowing in over HTTP, unless you are using
    web service calls with WS-AT, so that's not an issue for most stuff
    coming through the plugin.

    As far as session management is concerned, all configuration is in WAS,
    in the web server. There are two separate issues that you need to
    consider - session affinity, and session persistence. You can find
    details and configuration options for both in the WAS infocenter. If you
    have further questions after reading through the available
    documentation, post back at that time, but don't expect this n.g. to be
    an alternative to doing the required studying yourself.

  4. Re: Session Affinity, Transaction Management in WAS V6

    Hi Paul,

    Many Thanks for the acknowledgement, i was doubtful of this as firstly me new to WAS, and was getting confused as the plugin was doing the simultaneos routing for every refresh i give.
    But now i guess the session is maintained as long as the session is active between the requester and the WAS.

    Cheers
    Manoj

+ Reply to Thread