problem with facelets on IBM WAS 6.1 fix pack 9 - Websphere

This is a discussion on problem with facelets on IBM WAS 6.1 fix pack 9 - Websphere ; If this is not the platform for problems please let me know. This is my first post on this forum I am using facelets 1.1.11 with myfaces 1.1.1. It worked fine on IBM WAS 6.0. We have now installed IBM ...

  1. problem with facelets on IBM WAS 6.1 fix pack 9

    If this is not the platform for problems please let me know. This is my first post on this forum

    I am using facelets 1.1.11 with myfaces 1.1.1.
    It worked fine on IBM WAS 6.0.
    We have now installed IBM WAS 6.1 fix pack 9.
    We now get the following error in the systemout.log and the page does not display.

    [7/10/07 14:16:37:717 CEST] 00000068 compiler E Missing Built-in Tag Libraries! Make sure they are included within the META-INF directory of Facelets' Jar
    [7/10/07 14:16:37:889 CEST] 00000068 viewhandler E Error Rendering View[/pages/zoeken.xhtml]
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.sun.facelets.compiler.NamespaceHandler.apply(N amespaceHandler.java:49)

    Does anyone have an idea?

    Regards hadijkstra

  2. Re: problem with facelets on IBM WAS 6.1 fix pack 9

    It appears to be a problem with fix pack 9. I ran into the same issue with facelets 1.1.11, but when I rolled back to version 6.1 (without the fixpack), it started working.

  3. Re: problem with facelets on IBM WAS 6.1 fix pack 9

    > It appears to be a problem with fix pack 9. I ran
    > into the same issue with facelets 1.1.11, but when I
    > rolled back to version 6.1 (without the fixpack), it
    > started working.

    Thanks for your answer!
    It looks like the problem is recognised by IBM and wil be fixed in fix pack 13. http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg1PK50311

    Regards hadijkstra

  4. Re: problem with facelets on IBM WAS 6.1 fix pack 9

    In the meanwhile it is possible to workaround the problem following this recipe:

    1) Get facelet sources and copy src/etc/META-INF folder into another sibling (i.e. "src/etc/patchdir")
    2) Change the loadImplicit method of com.sun.facelets.compiler.TagLibraryConfig class (see below for details)
    3) Recompile all and use the new jsf-facelets.jar as working library!

    It works!
    Then you can correctly execute both hangman and numberguess demos in your websphere 6.1.0.9 or 6.1.0.11.
    (In those demos I've also added the file commons-codec-1.3.jar in web-inf/lib of because a ClassNotFoundException on a commons-codec class was raised)

    DETAILS OF STEP 2, search:
    public void loadImplicit(Compiler compiler) throws IOException {
    ClassLoader cl = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
    URL[] urls = Classpath.search(cl, "META-INF/", SUFFIX);

    and change to:
    public void loadImplicit(Compiler compiler) throws IOException {
    ClassLoader cl = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
    URL[] urls = Classpath.search(cl, "patchdir/", SUFFIX);

    Browsing the obtained jsf-facelets.jar you will have to see:
    meta-inf/faces-config.xml
    meta-inf/jsf-core.taglib.xml
    meta-inf/jsf-html.taglib.xml
    META-INF/rsc/facelet-dev-debug.xml
    META-INF/rsc/facelet-dev-error.xml
    patchdir/faces-config.xml
    patchdir/jsf-core.taglib.xml
    patchdir/jsf-html.taglib.xml
    patchdir/rsc/facelet-dev-debug.xml
    patchdir/rsc/facelet-dev-error.xml

  5. Re: problem with facelets on IBM WAS 6.1 fix pack 9

    Can IBM post the fix a little sooner than Fix pack 13?

    Thanks!

  6. Re: problem with facelets on IBM WAS 6.1 fix pack 9

    bradmesserle@gmail.com wrote:
    > Can IBM post the fix a little sooner than Fix pack 13?
    >
    > Thanks!

    You'll need to ask IBM that, through a PMR.
    Ken

+ Reply to Thread