New server not showing up in RAD6 servers view - Websphere

This is a discussion on New server not showing up in RAD6 servers view - Websphere ; Hi all, I have created a new profile in my RAD6 environment and when i go to look in the servers view in my IDE it doesn't show up. To create the server I followed the usual steps through preferences ...

  1. New server not showing up in RAD6 servers view

    Hi all,

    I have created a new profile in my RAD6 environment and when i go to look in the servers view in my IDE it doesn't show up.

    To create the server I followed the usual steps through preferences -> Server -> WebSphere then clicked the button Create Profile. The process finished and said that it was created. Then I returned to my RAD and selected Window -> Show View -> Other -> Server -> Servers and the Servers view appears with nothing in it. I did go through the process of right click and then new etc.

    Any ideas would be appreciated.

    thanks

  2. Re: New server not showing up in RAD6 servers view

    Hi,

    You still need to create a server in RAD and when the view is opened, choose your new profile and server.

    Brian

  3. Re: New server not showing up in RAD6 servers view

    thanks for responding. I tried that but my profile doesn't show up in the Host Name selection drop down. All it has is localhost in the HostName, yet my profile name that I created was called AppSrv01 with a hostname of A020342 and Node name of A020342Node01.

    There are a number of server types shown in the New Server dialog box including WebSphere v6.0 Server which I select also.

  4. Re: New server not showing up in RAD6 servers view

    screen shot showing only localhost available.

  5. Re: New server not showing up in RAD6 servers view

    Hi,

    The profile does not show up in the hostname field. You should select localhost and WebSphere v6.0 server and click the next button. On the next page you select the Profile Name. You will have to change the RMI/SOAP ports, if they are not the defaults.

    Brian

  6. Re: New server not showing up in RAD6 servers view

    Yes, I was doing that(sorry typed to quick in my last post). Unfortunately, my profile is not showing up in the next screen as seen in my forum attachment. I double checked if the profile had been created by creating it again, but the reponse was that the profile already exists. So, this is telling me that the profile is there.

  7. Re: New server not showing up in RAD6 servers view

    Hi,

    Please make sure that you have the latest fixpaks installed. Also, have you tried existing RAD and restarting it?

    Brian

  8. Re: New server not showing up in RAD6 servers view

    Yep, latest patches and lost count of the number of times I have restarted RAD...)

  9. Re: New server not showing up in RAD6 servers view

    Hi,

    It might be that the profile did not get created properly or it did not update the repository.

    Please check that the profile was created properly by using the wasprofile.bat command.

    cd C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\SDP\6.0\runtimes\base_v6\bin
    wasprofile.bat -listProfiles

    You can also force an update to the profile registry.
    wasprofile.bat -validateAndUpdateRegistry

    Check in RAD if the profile is there. If not, I would suggest deleting and creating the profile using the wasprofile.bat command.

    Brian

  10. Re: New server not showing up in RAD6 servers view

    Heh, thanks for your great reply.

    I used the wasprofile.bat -listProfiles command and it returned [default], which I guess it means it is only seeing the default.

    I then did a wasprofile.bat -validateAndUpdateRegistry and it returned []

    I then checked the directly under profiles and I have three folders: AppSrv01, AppSrv02 and default.

    I went to run wasprofile.bat -delete -profileName AppSrv02 and it returned INSTCONFAILED: Cannot delete profile. I then checked the security and changed to not read only and tried again with no luck.

    Not having much luck. I am thinking of just deleting the folder through explorer but the RAD program advises against this. What do you think?

  11. Re: New server not showing up in RAD6 servers view

    Hi,

    The return of an empty set for the validation is normal. Run the wasprofile.bat -lisProfiles again and see what is shows. If it still not listing the other 2 profiles, then you can go ahead and delete the folders AppSrv01, AppSrv02. Then recreate the profiles using wasprofile.bat.

    Brian

  12. Re: New server not showing up in RAD6 servers view

    I checked the wasprofile_create_AppSrv02.log and in some of the tags it has:

    WS_CMT_CONF_DIR could not be resolved from the incoming command line

    Its funny, because the wizard says:

    ---------------------------------

    The profile creation wizard cannot create the profile. See the pctLog.txt file in the logs directory for more information.

    Profile creation is complete

    An Application Server profile was created successfully. ---> Yeah right!

    I checked in the pctLog.txt file and it says to look in the wasprofile_create_AppSrv02.log

    I will try using the command rather than the wizard next week.

  13. Re: New server not showing up in RAD6 servers view

    Still having an issue getting the Servers view populated to show my new server. Anyone else out there with a suggestion?..cheers

  14. Re: New server not showing up in RAD6 servers view

    I have seen errors creating profiles caused by my running out of disk space. This was on WS 7.0 on Linux. The exact error was "Cannot create the profile: The profile already exists," but it probably is something to check out if you come across profile creation errors that you can't figure out.

+ Reply to Thread