Applications installed but no visible in websphere console - Websphere

This is a discussion on Applications installed but no visible in websphere console - Websphere ; I have some trouble with a websphere network deployment 6.0.2.13 running on Aix 5.3. Environnement : DeploymentManager, 1 node , 1 server and 1 ihs in the node. Several applications installed by jython scripts are not visible in the application ...

  1. Applications installed but no visible in websphere console

    I have some trouble with a websphere network deployment 6.0.2.13 running on Aix 5.3.

    Environnement : DeploymentManager, 1 node , 1 server and 1 ihs in the node.

    Several applications installed by jython scripts are not visible in the application section of the websphere console.

    Those applications are well installed as they can running on the application server directly and can be also access through the IHS server so plugin is also updated.

    We already uninstall and install again several different applications in this environnement and still the same problem.

    We try to restart every component Deployment Manager, node etc ... several times but no changes. we also try forced synchronization but no effect ...

    How to solve this trouble ?

  2. Re: Applications installed but no visible in websphere console

    On Jun 5, 11:18 am, wrote:
    > Several applications installed by jython scripts are not visible in the application section of the websphere console.
    > Those applications are well installed as they can running on the application server directly and can be also access through the IHS server so plugin is also updated.
    > We already uninstall and install again several different applications in this environnement and still the same problem.

    Try logging out of the admin console, cleaning %{WAS_HOME}/profiles/%
    {DMGR_PROFILE}/wstemp, restart dmgr and log back in.

    If you still can't see the applications, check the repository itself
    (does the config/cells/%{CELL}/applications directory list all
    applications?)

    Wkr,
    Sven Vermeulen

  3. Re: Applications installed but no visible in websphere console

    No one got an idea for this problem ?

    The applications never have been visible in the installedApplication in but they are installed.
    They are available, the ear's directory is created in the installedApps directory of application server.

  4. Re: Applications installed but no visible in websphere console

    Hi, Did you actually save the configuration with your script?

    Brian

  5. Re: Applications installed but no visible in websphere console

    Yes, no problem with the script itself. i made quite a lot of jython script and always last action done when everything is ok is the "AdminConfig.save()".

    The installation script is running on 20 different unix servers managing 36 websphere environement , and lot of applications wihtout any trouble.

    Only get troubles with one of those environnement.

    The environnement has been completly restarted (ND mananger, nodes, nodeagent) several times.

    I know that sometimes the websphere console is not updated quickly and you need to connect/disconnect several times to see the applications (depends also of the application size you are installing) but in this particular case they never been showned in the console.

    Perhaps there is a file somewhere in the DMGr profile i could update.

  6. Re: Applications installed but no visible in websphere console

    The only thing I can think of is that "system" applications like
    adminconsole and filetransfer are not visible in the Administrative Console.

    Here is a Technote to clarify what I'm talking about:
    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg21238438.

    Maybe your script installs a "system" application instead of "regular" ?

  7. Re: Applications installed but no visible in websphere console

    You say that you see an application EAR in the installedApps directory, but
    the application is not listed on the console even after several restarts
    etc.
    I can't think why an application installed through the deployment manager
    would then fail to show up on the dmgr console.

    Is it possible that your scripts are connecting to the application server,
    and not to the deployment manager? Or perhaps to a different deployment
    manager?

    The console accessed on the deployment manager will only know about
    applications that were installed to the deployment manager and synchronised
    out to the nodes. However it is possible to connect management scripts
    directly to a managed server. Work done directly by attaching to the managed
    server is subject to being overwritten when the next synchronisation from
    the dmgr occurs.

    Are you able to try installing a test application via the console to prove
    that (a) it then shows up on the console and (b) the relevant EAR shows up
    in the same installedApps directory where you see the "missing" application
    EAR installed by the script.

    If this is proven, then I would recommend you open a formal PMR ticket with
    IBM.

    One other thought. Do you have any unusual characters in any of the names in
    the failing configuration? Perhaps a space, or "$" or something in the
    hostname, node name, installation directory, application name ... etc.

    --
    Stephen ****s
    WESB/WPS System Administration

    wrote in message
    news:1234665344.1181035137851.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas009.sby.ibm.com...
    >I have some trouble with a websphere network deployment 6.0.2.13 running on
    >Aix 5.3.
    >
    > Environnement : DeploymentManager, 1 node , 1 server and 1 ihs in the
    > node.
    >
    > Several applications installed by jython scripts are not visible in the
    > application section of the websphere console.
    >
    > Those applications are well installed as they can running on the
    > application server directly and can be also access through the IHS server
    > so plugin is also updated.
    >
    > We already uninstall and install again several different applications in
    > this environnement and still the same problem.
    >
    > We try to restart every component Deployment Manager, node etc ... several
    > times but no changes. we also try forced synchronization but no effect ...
    >
    > How to solve this trouble ?

+ Reply to Thread