On May 23, 7:05 am, Ken Hygh wrote:
> wsz...@workbrain.com wrote:
> > I am getting the following error message on my web application. Does anyone know how to change the maximum URI length?

> > Request-URI Too Large
> > The requested URL's length exceeds the capacity limit for this server.

> > IBM_HTTP_Server/2.0.

> Change your request to a POST instead of a GET. IIRC there's a 1024 byte
> limit in the HTTP RFC for GETs.
>
> Ken

RFC 2068

"The HTTP protocol does not place any a priori limit on the length of
a URI. Servers MUST be able to handle the URI of any resource they
serve, and SHOULD be able to handle URIs of unbounded length if they
provide GET-based forms that could generate such URIs. A server SHOULD
return 414 (Request-URI Too Long) status if a URI is longer than the
server can handle (see section 10.4.15)."