Re: Initial profile creation failure on WAS 6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: Initial profile creation failure on WAS 6.1 - Websphere ; > Hi, when I install WAS 6.1 it runs fine until the > initial profile creation, when I get these errors: > > --- > Apr 6, 2007 5:02:07 PM), Process, > com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.installtoolkitbridge.IS MPIn > stallToolkitBridgeForNIFramework, wrn, Config action > ...

  1. Re: Initial profile creation failure on WAS 6.1

    > Hi, when I install WAS 6.1 it runs fine until the
    > initial profile creation, when I get these errors:
    >
    > ---
    > Apr 6, 2007 5:02:07 PM), Process,
    > com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.installtoolkitbridge.IS MPIn
    > stallToolkitBridgeForNIFramework, wrn, Config action
    > failed: generateKeysForSingleProfile -
    > /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profileTemplates/default/
    > actions/generateKeysForSingleProfile.ant
    > (Apr 6, 2007 5:02:07 PM), Process,
    > com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.installtoolkitbridge.IS MPIn
    > stallToolkitBridgeForNIFramework, wrn, Config action
    > failed: 97SInstallInvokeWSProfile -
    > /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/properties/version/nif/co
    > nfig/install/97SInstallInvokeWSProfile.ijc
    > ---
    >
    > The profile is broken and server can't start. The
    > firststeps.sh isn't generated either. Furthermore,
    > , if I try to create a new profile, the
    > manageprofiles.sh either hangs (goes idle) or the
    > following error is logged:
    >
    > Checking for wsadmin listener
    > initialization

    > Is wsadmin listener available?
    > ? false

    > Returning with returnCode=-1
    > Failure detected in fatal config
    > g action.

    > wsadmin failed with exception = wsadmin task
    > failed with return code :-1

    > My questions are
    > 1) Why am I missing wsadmin listener, and
    > nd firststeps.sh ?
    > 2) Why doesn't the profile creation work?
    >
    > My OS: Debian Linux (Etch), finnish locale.
    > Attached is the full AppSrv01_create.log

    Hi Chrysalid,

    problem you just described above is exactly the same what I had under Debian Linux (Etch) as well. I tried to configure here and there but at the end I had a feeling that all my efforts are just long shots.

    At the end my solution was to install SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 for that same server machine which originally (and still) hosts Debian Linux (Etch) at least to see whether the whole process of setting up DB2 and WebSphere would be more straight forward.

    I have to say that I am not a big fan of rpm-based package system of SuSE and RedHat distribution versions of Linux but I got SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 to work so that it was possible to deploy enterprise application through WebSphere Application Server and to access web application just like it runs under Windows Server 2003.

    It was just a matter of time pressure which forced me to follow IBM guidelines, so even though I was sceptic, I installed such system which is officially supported by IBM and it seemed to work.

    Even though I couldn't get Debian Linux (etch) to work with WebSphere, I am still keen to get back on it at some point to make some further debugging and tracing to locate that underlying problem while installing a WebSphere profile.

    With kind regards,

    Chekov

  2. Re: Initial profile creation failure on WAS 6.1

    I am having the same issue installing on AIX 5L. Ideas? I know that it can be installed, I have it installed on a second machine with the same OS

+ Reply to Thread