Java Exception - Websphere

This is a discussion on Java Exception - Websphere ; Hello, I have installed Websphere 6.0.2.0. it has java version 1.5.0_07.It gives me the following exception when I try to construct a Url object containing https /local/mnt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer6/java/bin/java TestUrl java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: https at java.net.URL. (URL.java:544) at java.net.URL. (URL.java:434) at java.net.URL. ...

  1. Java Exception

    Hello,

    I have installed Websphere 6.0.2.0. it has java version 1.5.0_07.It gives me the following exception when I try to construct a Url object containing https

    /local/mnt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer6/java/bin/java TestUrl
    java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: https
    at java.net.URL.(URL.java:544)
    at java.net.URL.(URL.java:434)
    at java.net.URL.(URL.java:383)
    at TestUrl.main(TestUrl.java:27)

    Any idea, if this restricted to the particular java version.

    Thanks
    Rupali

  2. Re: Java Exception

    OK I checked the JAVA_HOME variable in the admin console it says

    /local/mnt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer6/java.

    when I do /local/mnt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer6/java/bin/java -version it says
    java version "1.4.2_08"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (IBM build 1.4.2_08-b03 20050517)
    IBM Java ORB build orb142-20050429
    XML build XSLT4J Java 2.6.5
    XML build XmlCommonsExternal 1.2.04
    XML build XML4J 4.3.4

    If I execute the same class using the command

    /local/mnt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer6/java/bin/java TestUrl
    I get the same exception.

  3. Re: Java Exception

    Rupali wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have installed Websphere 6.0.2.0. it has java version 1.5.0_07.It gives me the following exception when I try to construct a Url object containing https
    >
    > /local/mnt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer6/java/bin/java TestUrl
    > java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: https
    > at java.net.URL.(URL.java:544)
    > at java.net.URL.(URL.java:434)
    > at java.net.URL.(URL.java:383)
    > at TestUrl.main(TestUrl.java:27)
    >

    > Any idea, if this restricted to the particular java version.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Rupali

    Are you trying to do this in a standalone java program? And if so, what
    does your question have to do with WebSphere ? I suggest that you read
    up on JSSE.

  4. Re: Java Exception

    Well the original code was part of a web application installed on websphere.
    I just could not figure out why it was throwing this exception.

    So i created a small program containing just the code which throws the exception.
    I then compiled it with the java which comes with websphere and tried executing it.

    And I still see the excpetion. Isn't JSSE part of Java 1.4. Or do I need to configure something.

    Thanks
    Rupali

  5. Re: Java Exception

    Rupali wrote:
    > Well the original code was part of a web application installed on websphere.
    > I just could not figure out why it was throwing this exception.
    >
    > So i created a small program containing just the code which throws the exception.
    > I then compiled it with the java which comes with websphere and tried executing it.
    >
    > And I still see the excpetion. Isn't JSSE part of Java 1.4. Or do I need to configure something.

    No, you need to configure something. However, solving the problem for a
    standalone java program will do very little to help you solve the
    problem for WebSphere. I suggest you search developerworks for Keys
    Botzum's article on JSSE in WAS.

+ Reply to Thread