MQ setup/config question - Websphere

This is a discussion on MQ setup/config question - Websphere ; I've a group of folks that want to access my local qmanager and read data from a particular queue. This has been previously done with remote queue ( XMITQ ) definitions in my local queue manager configuration. These remote queue ...

  1. MQ setup/config question

    I've a group of folks that want to access my local qmanager and read
    data from a particular queue.

    This has been previously done with remote queue ( XMITQ ) definitions
    in my local queue manager configuration. These remote queue
    definitions pointed to the remote qmanager and queue and had an IP
    address and port defined.

    This group wants to move away from that and instead, they want to
    attach to my local queue and read the data.

    Is this possible with MQseries 5.x?

    How would you configure the local queue to allow this to happen? That
    is, I want to write data into a local queue, then allow a remote
    system ( with an MQ client installed ) to attach to and read from this
    queue the same data I wrote into it.

    Thanks,

    -klb

  2. Re: MQ setup/config question

    It is possible, but you might not like the security implications of
    doing that.

    This is really a question about MQ rather than WAS though.

+ Reply to Thread