Setting up IBM WAS 5.0 and WAS 6.0 on same Solaris Box - Websphere

This is a discussion on Setting up IBM WAS 5.0 and WAS 6.0 on same Solaris Box - Websphere ; Hi, We already have IBM WAS 5.0 + IBM WPS 5.0 installed on our Solaris Box. Without disturbing the same, can I install WAS 6.0 on the same Solaris Box? Please provide your comments if anyone has done this before. ...

  1. Setting up IBM WAS 5.0 and WAS 6.0 on same Solaris Box

    Hi,

    We already have IBM WAS 5.0 + IBM WPS 5.0 installed on our Solaris
    Box.

    Without disturbing the same, can I install WAS 6.0 on the same Solaris
    Box?

    Please provide your comments if anyone has done this before. Kindly
    share the URL's if this is already documented well on internet.

    Thanks in advance.
    Kamlesh

  2. Re: Setting up IBM WAS 5.0 and WAS 6.0 on same Solaris Box

    On Apr 26, 8:31 pm, Kamlesh wrote:
    > We already have IBM WAS 5.0 + IBM WPS 5.0 installed on our Solaris
    > Box.
    >
    > Without disturbing the same, can I install WAS 6.0 on the same Solaris
    > Box?

    I don't have URLs and only minor experience with it, but I've tried
    this before and it worked.

    However, I did first update the WAS 5.x to such extend that it bound
    to one IP address (the infocenter has information about multiple nic
    configurations) so that the WAS 6.x could bind specifically to another
    IP address. At the same time, the organisation decided to use new
    machines for WAS 6.x so this wasn't persued any further.

    If you don't use the multinic approach, you might get some failures
    due to ports being in use.

    Wkr,
    Sven Vermeulen

+ Reply to Thread