Prevent appserver start from WAS admin consol - Websphere

This is a discussion on Prevent appserver start from WAS admin consol - Websphere ; Hi, We use Websphere Application Server version 5.2 on windows 2003. We have configured the application servers to start as NT services. we would like prevent starting app servers from WAS Admin Consol. Is it possible to configure WAS so ...

  1. Prevent appserver start from WAS admin consol

    Hi,

    We use Websphere Application Server version 5.2 on windows 2003. We have configured the application servers to start as NT services. we would like prevent starting app servers from WAS Admin Consol. Is it possible to configure WAS so that the app servers are NOT startable from WAS Admin Consol.

    Regards

    Harikumar

  2. Re: Prevent appserver start from WAS admin consol

    Sundaram.Harikumar@mincom.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We use Websphere Application Server version 5.2 on windows 2003. We
    > have configured the application servers to start as NT services. we
    > would like prevent starting app servers from WAS Admin Consol. Is it
    > possible to configure WAS so that the app servers are NOT startable
    > from WAS Admin Consol.

    Turn on security, and set it up so that only your admins have access to
    the console. They presumably know what they are doing.

  3. Re: Prevent appserver start from WAS admin consol

    On Apr 26, 5:28 am, wrote:
    > We use Websphere Application Server version 5.2 on windows 2003. We have configured the application servers to start as NT services. we would like prevent starting app servers from WAS Admin Consol. Is it possible to configure WAS so that the app servers are NOT startable from WAS Admin Consol.

    Don't start the node agent (in case of ND)?

    Wkr,
    Sven Vermeulen

+ Reply to Thread