Websphere 5.1.0 and MQ series - Websphere

This is a discussion on Websphere 5.1.0 and MQ series - Websphere ; Does Websphere's default install have an MQ Series piece? I see a WebSphere MQ JMS Provider under the resources in the Admin Console. And does it start it up by default? We have Websphere 5.1.0 running on Windows XP. There ...

  1. Websphere 5.1.0 and MQ series

    Does Websphere's default install have an MQ Series piece? I see a
    WebSphere MQ JMS Provider under the resources in the Admin Console.
    And does it start it up by default? We have Websphere 5.1.0 running
    on Windows XP. There are some sample apps that were installed and
    have MDB or Message Driven Beans. We are not using MQ in our
    applications. Can we shut off the MQ Series through the admin app or
    just remove these sample applications to stop MQ?
    Thanks,
    Tom

  2. Re: Websphere 5.1.0 and MQ series

    On Apr 25, 12:29 pm, tom.henrick...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Does Websphere's default install have an MQ Series piece? I see a
    > WebSphere MQ JMS Provider under the resources in the Admin Console.
    > And does it start it up by default? We have Websphere 5.1.0 running
    > on Windows XP. There are some sample apps that were installed and
    > have MDB or Message Driven Beans. We are not using MQ in our
    > applications. Can we shut off the MQ Series through the admin app or
    > just remove these sample applications to stop MQ?
    > Thanks,
    > Tom

    Look at the deletemq command in the $WAS_HOME/bin directory

  3. Re: Websphere 5.1.0 and MQ series

    On Apr 25, 7:29 pm, tom.henrick...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Does Websphere's default install have an MQ Series piece? I see a
    > WebSphere MQ JMS Provider under the resources in the Admin Console.
    > And does it start it up by default? We have Websphere 5.1.0 running
    > on Windows XP. There are some sample apps that were installed and
    > have MDB or Message Driven Beans. We are not using MQ in our
    > applications. Can we shut off the MQ Series through the admin app or
    > just remove these sample applications to stop MQ?
    > Thanks,
    > Tom

    WebSphere has an embedded JMS server. It might be derived from
    WebSphere MQ, but it's definitely not usable for large-volume
    messaging applications. You can't use the WebSphere MQ JMS Provider
    for that one afaik.

    The embedded messaging isn't start up by default, it doesn't even
    install by default for WebSphere v5 if the necessary users aren't
    available on the system.

    Wkr,
    Sven Vermeulen

+ Reply to Thread