wsadmin does not prompt for password - Websphere

This is a discussion on wsadmin does not prompt for password - Websphere ; Hi, List There are more than a few documents saying that wsadmin should prompt for a password if it requires one. I have tried using both the SOAP and RMI conntypes but have not been able to get wsadmin to ...

  1. wsadmin does not prompt for password

    Hi, List

    There are more than a few documents saying that wsadmin should prompt
    for a password if it requires one. I have tried using both the SOAP
    and RMI conntypes but have not been able to get wsadmin to prompt me
    for a password.

    I have set the loginSource parameter in both sas.client.properties and
    soap.client.properties. I am using Websphere 6.0.2.7. wsadmin
    accepts the -user xxx -password xxx when supplied on the command line.

    Has anybody got wsadmin password prompting to work?

    regards
    Rico

  2. Re: wsadmin does not prompt for password

    On Apr 24, 8:34 am, Rico wrote:
    > Hi, List
    >
    > There are more than a few documents saying that wsadmin should prompt
    > for a password if it requires one. I have tried using both the SOAP
    > and RMI conntypes but have not been able to get wsadmin to prompt me
    > for a password.
    >
    > I have set the loginSource parameter in both sas.client.properties and
    > soap.client.properties. I am using Websphere 6.0.2.7. wsadmin
    > accepts the -user xxx -password xxx when supplied on the command line.
    >
    > Has anybody got wsadmin password prompting to work?
    >
    > regards
    > Rico

    Do you have Global Security configured and enabled?
    Doesn't sound like you do...

+ Reply to Thread