I have a requirement for an EJB in one WAS 6.1 profile ( server A ) to access an EJB in another WAS 6.1 profile (server B). They are not in a cluster. My issue is that although I can specify the port of server B, when I do an initial context lookup of server B's JNDI from server A, my code tries to access server A's JNDI service root

e.g. server A has a service root of ServerACell/Nodes/ServerA/servers/server1, server B has a root of ServerBCell/Nodes/ServerB/servers/server1. When I attach to server B's JNDI from Server A it tries to look up ServerACell/Nodes/ServerA/servers/server1 rather than server Bs context.

Looking at documentation here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ple_prop1.html
has examples of setting the name server service root in the URL, but I cannot get any of them to work. Does anyone have a working example of how to set the name server root in a URL, for an EJB in one node to access an EJB in another? Also, is this something that I should not even be trying, and if so why not?