How to reduce memory consumption ? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to reduce memory consumption ? - Websphere ; Hello, I'm running WebSphere with the websphere eclipse plugin and the java processes consume a lot of memory. Is it possible to disable modules that I don't need or set the maximum memory that WebSphere can use or is there ...

  1. How to reduce memory consumption ?

    Hello,

    I'm running WebSphere with the websphere eclipse plugin and the java processes consume a lot of memory.

    Is it possible to disable modules that I don't need or set the maximum memory that WebSphere can use or is there a way to get back memory unused ?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: How to reduce memory consumption ?

    tril2632@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm running WebSphere with the websphere eclipse plugin and the java processes consume a lot of memory.
    >
    > Is it possible to disable modules that I don't need or set the maximum memory that WebSphere can use or is there a way to get back memory unused ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Are you running WebSphere or are you running RAD ?

    You can of course set min and max memory limits on any JVM, but you set
    those based on what you need, not what you arbitrarily think is "a lot".
    You need to performance test and tune your Websphere environment and the
    applications running in it, and you need to optimize tuning parameters
    like thread pool sizes, connection pool sizes and heap size as part of
    the testing/tuning cycle.

+ Reply to Thread