Websphere 6.1 and MySQL Connector/J 5.0.5 Problem - Websphere

This is a discussion on Websphere 6.1 and MySQL Connector/J 5.0.5 Problem - Websphere ; We've recently upgraded to Websphere 6.1 and MySQL 5, and are trying to use the new Connector/J JDBC Provider. We can get it to successfully connect on 1 server, but on another one with identical settings, we're getting the following ...

  1. Websphere 6.1 and MySQL Connector/J 5.0.5 Problem

    We've recently upgraded to Websphere 6.1 and MySQL 5, and are trying to use the new Connector/J JDBC Provider. We can get it to successfully connect on 1 server, but on another one with identical settings, we're getting the following error message:

    The test connection operation failed for data source xxxxxx on server server1 at node xxxxxx with the following exception: java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com/mysql/jdbc/jdbc2/optional/MysqlXADataSource.getPinGlobalTxToPhysicalConnecti on()Z

    Can anybody help?

    (Before anyone replies with a comment along the lines of use a proper database, yes, we'd love to use Oracle but have no chance of the company signing the cost of that off.)

    Thanks

  2. Re: Websphere 6.1 and MySQL Connector/J 5.0.5 Problem

    alasdair.pea****@parkgroup.co.uk wrote:
    > We've recently upgraded to Websphere 6.1 and MySQL 5, and are trying to use the new Connector/J JDBC Provider. We can get it to successfully connect on 1 server, but on another one with identical settings, we're getting the following error message:
    >
    > The test connection operation failed for data source xxxxxx on server server1 at node xxxxxx with the following exception: java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com/mysql/jdbc/jdbc2/optional/MysqlXADataSource.getPinGlobalTxToPhysicalConnecti on()Z
    >
    > Can anybody help?
    >
    > (Before anyone replies with a comment along the lines of use a proper database, yes, we'd love to use Oracle but have no chance of the company signing the cost of that off.)
    >
    > Thanks

    It looks to me like a bug in MySQL's XADataSource implementation. I
    realise that you believe the settings to be identical across the two
    servers but is there a chance that the one that works is configured
    without XA?

    Regards,
    Andy

+ Reply to Thread