How can I access external folder content from my application? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How can I access external folder content from my application? - Websphere ; Hi all, the configuration data for my application are in a seperate folder on the file system. How can I access it? I created an url provider in the administrative console. The jndi name is url/testUrl and this is my ...

  1. How can I access external folder content from my application?

    Hi all,

    the configuration data for my application are in a seperate folder on the file system.
    How can I access it? I created an url provider in the administrative console. The jndi name is url/testUrl and this is my java code:

    Context env = (Context) ctx.lookup("java:comp/env");
    URL url = (URL) env.lookup("url/testUrl");

    I got this error:
    NamingException: Name url not found in context "java:comp/env".

    I tried the url provider on node and on server level.
    Do I have to configure something else?
    I use the WID 6.0.2.
    BTW.. is an url provider the right kind of provider?

    Thanks, Susanne

  2. Re: How can I access external folder content from my application?

    On Apr 20, 4:16 am, wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > the configuration data for my application are in a seperate folder on the file system.
    > How can I access it? I created an url provider in the administrative console. The jndi name is url/testUrl and this is my java code:
    >
    > Context env = (Context) ctx.lookup("java:comp/env");
    > URL url = (URL) env.lookup("url/testUrl");
    >
    > I got this error:
    > NamingException: Name url not found in context "java:comp/env".
    >
    > I tried the url provider on node and on server level.
    > Do I have to configure something else?
    > I use the WID 6.0.2.
    > BTW.. is an url provider the right kind of provider?
    >
    > Thanks, Susanne

    Hi Susanne,

    I've created a detaile and (I hope clear) tech note to answer your
    question. I've also included sample code for creating a url resource
    and performing a jndi lookup of the url resource. Please let me know
    if I can provide further assistance.

    I've posted the information to:

    http://bronzedrum.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?id=10

    Hope this helps.