JDBC AllocateCount raising and raising !! .... - Websphere

This is a discussion on JDBC AllocateCount raising and raising !! .... - Websphere ; Hi everybody, Just to ask if, for you, it is normal that when i start my application in my WebSphere Application Server 6.0.2, (Oracle 10g, jdbc connection pool), i have my AllocateCount and ReturnCount that are growning in about 1 ...

  1. JDBC AllocateCount raising and raising !! ....

    Hi everybody,

    Just to ask if, for you, it is normal that when i start my application in my WebSphere Application Server 6.0.2, (Oracle 10g, jdbc connection pool), i have my AllocateCount and ReturnCount that are growning in about 1 allocation per seconde !!

    What exactly mean the AllocateCount ? Is it a normal behaviour ?

    Obviously, when i stop my application, the grow stops too :-)

    Thanks for your answers.

    Julien

  2. Re: JDBC AllocateCount raising and raising !! ....

    wrote in message
    news:1114150110.1176999491130.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas009.sby.ibm.com...
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > Just to ask if, for you, it is normal that when i start my application in
    > my WebSphere Application Server 6.0.2, (Oracle 10g, jdbc connection pool),
    > i have my AllocateCount and ReturnCount that are growning in about 1
    > allocation per seconde !!
    >
    > What exactly mean the AllocateCount ? Is it a normal behaviour ?
    >
    > Obviously, when i stop my application, the grow stops too :-)
    >
    > Thanks for your answers.
    >
    > Julien

    Hi both of these values are statistics, with Allocate reflecting the number
    of times a connection has been handed out and the Freed indicating how many
    times a connection has been released back into the pool, so they do not
    relate to the current number of connections in the pool etc rather look at
    the utilisation of the pool over time. As long as your application is sat
    doing work, you will see these numbers increase proportional to the number
    of connections it requests.

    The following link gives an overview of the J2C stats

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...acounter3.html

    Regards

    Graham

+ Reply to Thread