Do I need to use XA Datasource - Websphere

This is a discussion on Do I need to use XA Datasource - Websphere ; Environment: Websphere 6 db: Oracle 9i We have two applications running on separate app server instances. datasources configured for each instance but are talking to same db. Servlet in one app is calling session ejb on the other app. Is ...

  1. Do I need to use XA Datasource

    Environment: Websphere 6
    db: Oracle 9i

    We have two applications running on separate app server instances. datasources configured for each instance but are talking to same db.
    Servlet in one app is calling session ejb on the other app. Is XA Datasource required in order for the transaction to take place.

    Currently we are using XA datasources but we are seeing lot of XAER_INVAL errors and transaction is getting rolledback. We are going to test if things work normally even if XA datasource is not used.

    Wanted to clarify.

  2. Re: Do I need to use XA Datasource

    Talking to the same DB from two processes, within the same transaction, will indeed require use of XA datasources.

    rchakra1@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Environment: Websphere 6
    > db: Oracle 9i
    >
    > We have two applications running on separate app server instances. datasources configured for each instance but are talking to same db.
    > Servlet in one app is calling session ejb on the other app. Is XA Datasource required in order for the transaction to take place.
    >
    > Currently we are using XA datasources but we are seeing lot of XAER_INVAL errors and transaction is getting rolledback. We are going to test if things work normally even if XA datasource is not used.
    >
    > Wanted to clarify.

+ Reply to Thread