Access data from login page - Websphere

This is a discussion on Access data from login page - Websphere ; Hi, I'm using RAD 6 to develop my application, and using form-login authentication method for my login page. I want the user to enter more than just user id and password on the login page. How would I go about ...

  1. Access data from login page

    Hi, I'm using RAD 6 to develop my application, and using form-login authentication method for my login page. I want the user to enter more than just user id and password on the login page. How would I go about storing that data? Is it part of the context? Thanks.

  2. Re: Access data from login page

    jay.lou@phs.com wrote:
    > Hi, I'm using RAD 6 to develop my application, and using form-login
    > authentication method for my login page. I want the user to enter
    > more than just user id and password on the login page. How would I go
    > about storing that data? Is it part of the context? Thanks.

    That depends. What do you intend to do with that additional data? Is it
    part of the authentication process, or just something that you want to
    capture ?

  3. Re: Access data from login page

    I just need to store the data from future use.

    Thanks.

  4. Re: Access data from login page

    jay.lou@phs.com wrote:
    > I just need to store the data from future use.

    Then stick it anywhere that you can get to it from the apps that need
    it. In a database, for example.

    If it was part of the authentication process and you needed to have
    access to it for security reasons later, I would have suggested writing
    a JAAS login module to put it in the Subject, but that seems like
    overkill for this.

+ Reply to Thread