Loss WAS password ???!!! - Websphere

This is a discussion on Loss WAS password ???!!! - Websphere ; Hi group, i've WebSphere Portal 6 on WebSphere Process Server 6.0.2. After i changed to Domino LDAP, i.e. with the instruction WPSconfig.sh enable-security-wmmur-ldap ..., i can't sign on the Administrative Console of WPS any longer. It seems like that the ...

  1. Loss WAS password ???!!!

    Hi group,

    i've WebSphere Portal 6 on WebSphere Process Server 6.0.2. After i changed
    to Domino LDAP, i.e. with the instruction WPSconfig.sh
    enable-security-wmmur-ldap ..., i can't sign on the Administrative Console
    of WPS any longer. It seems like that the password for user wpsbind is
    changed, because i can't stop the server with stopServer.sh
    server1 -username wpsbind -password w5sbind, too.

    So can you tell me why, or maybe does anybody here know how to retrieve the
    (new / old ???) password???

    Thanks in advance

    Kevin

  2. Re: Loss WAS password ???!!!

    Or how to change the password with one that i know ...

    "Kevin Sun" wrote in message
    > Hi group,
    >
    > i've WebSphere Portal 6 on WebSphere Process Server 6.0.2. After i changed
    > to Domino LDAP, i.e. with the instruction WPSconfig.sh
    > enable-security-wmmur-ldap ..., i can't sign on the Administrative Console
    > of WPS any longer. It seems like that the password for user wpsbind is
    > changed, because i can't stop the server with stopServer.sh
    > server1 -username wpsbind -password w5sbind, too.
    >
    > So can you tell me why, or maybe does anybody here know how to retrieve
    > the (new / old ???) password???
    >

    > Thanks in advance
    >

    > Kevin

  3. Re: Loss WAS password ???!!!

    There is a work around, you can manual edit the WAS configuration file, security.xml to disable security.

  4. Re: Loss WAS password ???!!!

    Pssst! .. don't tell anyone, but there is a backdoor specially embedded in the product for situations like yours, but please keep it a secret.

    just use the password 'JBOSSSUCKS' and it will let you in, no problem

  5. Re: Loss WAS password ???!!!

    Jonathan wrote:
    > Pssst! .. don't tell anyone, but there is a backdoor specially embedded in the product for situations like yours, but please keep it a secret.
    >
    > just use the password 'JBOSSSUCKS' and it will let you in, no problem

    Too funny :-)
    Ken

+ Reply to Thread