Migrating WAS 6 data sources - Websphere

This is a discussion on Migrating WAS 6 data sources - Websphere ; I am refreshing hardware, but maintaining my current level of WAS and associated applications. There are many datasources that need to be recreated on the new servers and I was hoping that there is a way to extract/copy the existing ...

  1. Migrating WAS 6 data sources

    I am refreshing hardware, but maintaining my current level of WAS and associated applications. There are many datasources that need to be recreated on the new servers and I was hoping that there is a way to extract/copy the existing datasources from the old servers to my new ones. Can I simply copy/past from resources.xml? Any pointers appreciated.

    Regards, Marshall

  2. Re: Migrating WAS 6 data sources

    On Apr 18, 9:51 am, wrote:
    > I am refreshing hardware, but maintaining my current level of WAS and associated applications. There are many datasources that need to be recreated on the new servers and I was hoping that there is a way to extract/copy the existing datasources from the old servers to my new ones. Can I simply copy/past from resources.xml? Any pointers appreciated.

    You should be able to move the entire resources.xml file from the old
    location to the new location. You might need to modify the
    authentication aliases if the cell name changed, but other than that
    you should be fine.

+ Reply to Thread