Listener Port not delivering messages to MDB instance - Websphere5.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Listener Port not delivering messages to MDB instance - Websphere5.1 - Websphere ; Hello, I am facing the following problem related to Listener ports. I have deployed a MDB and tried it up to an listener port. I am trying to pumpin the messages from a JMS client but strangely, all the meessages ...

  1. Listener Port not delivering messages to MDB instance - Websphere5.1

    Hello,

    I am facing the following problem related to Listener ports. I have deployed a MDB and tried it up to an listener port. I am trying to pumpin the messages from a JMS client but strangely, all the meessages are not reaching the MDB. Listener port seems to be up & running. If I restart the Listener port/Server, then the messages are getting delivered.
    Following are the settings for Listener port-

    Maximum sessions - 1 (i want only 1 MDB istance to run)
    Maximum messages - 1
    Max No. of retries - 3

    And i had opted Container managed Transaction with Transaction attribute as Required for MDB.

    Any help in this would be highly appreciated.

  2. Re: Listener Port not delivering messages to MDB instance - Websphere 5.1

    Sounds a little bit as though you have something that is bringing the
    listener down, but that you have it configured to start automatically on
    starting the JVM, so Initial state set to started.
    You should be able to just go into the admin console and restart the
    listener without starting the JVM. I forget where it is in WAS 5.1, but
    something like servers=>app servers=>select the jvm=>messaging=>Listeners,
    there should be a way of selecting the listener and starting it.
    You should also get a hint from the SystemOut.log and SystemErr.log files
    for the JVM as to why the listener goes down in the first place.
    Good luck with it, and if you have any further problems, please feel free to
    contact me.

    Peter Bennett
    Distributed Systems Professional Services Ltd.

    wrote in message
    news:1486590995.1176896079039.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas009.sby.ibm.com...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am facing the following problem related to Listener ports. I have
    > deployed a MDB and tried it up to an listener port. I am trying to pumpin
    > the messages from a JMS client but strangely, all the meessages are not
    > reaching the MDB. Listener port seems to be up & running. If I restart the
    > Listener port/Server, then the messages are getting delivered.
    > Following are the settings for Listener port-
    >
    > Maximum sessions - 1 (i want only 1 MDB istance to run)
    > Maximum messages - 1
    > Max No. of retries - 3
    >
    > And i had opted Container managed Transaction with Transaction attribute
    > as Required for MDB.
    >
    > Any help in this would be highly appreciated.

  3. Re: Listener Port not delivering messages to MDB instance - Websphere5.1

    dnvijaykumar@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am facing the following problem related to Listener ports. I have deployed a MDB and tried it up to an listener port. I am trying to pumpin the messages from a JMS client but strangely, all the meessages are not reaching the MDB. Listener port seems to be up & running. If I restart the Listener port/Server, then the messages are getting delivered.
    > Following are the settings for Listener port-
    >
    > Maximum sessions - 1 (i want only 1 MDB istance to run)
    > Maximum messages - 1
    > Max No. of retries - 3
    >
    > And i had opted Container managed Transaction with Transaction attribute as Required for MDB.
    >
    > Any help in this would be highly appreciated.

    I suggest that you turn on trace to find out what is happening, as well
    as look in the log files.

  4. Re: Listener Port not delivering messages to MDB instance -Websphere 5.1

    I am not sure whether this applies to you. If you are at WAS 5.1.1 Fixpack4 or below, you might be hitting the deadlock situation, see APAR PK04470.

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg1PK04470.

    The typical symptom would be, MDB processes one message from the queue and tries to get another session from the pool where it gets deadlocked. When you restart the app or port, it would get a fresh session and processes the next message in the queue.

+ Reply to Thread