Client SSL authentication required - Websphere

This is a discussion on Client SSL authentication required - Websphere ; I have the following problem: WebSphere 6.1 let me log in into admin console with lots of client certificates, both from built-in certs and from CAs that I have added their certs into trust key store, but when I open ...

  1. Client SSL authentication required

    I have the following problem:

    WebSphere 6.1 let me log in into admin console with lots of client
    certificates, both from built-in certs and from CAs that I have added their
    certs into trust key store, but when I open URL of my application, it asks
    me only for WebSphere built in certificates (Thawte, VeriSign...). What
    happend with CAs that I manully added into trust store? How is this
    possible? I was thinking that there is only one trust store for both admin
    console and applications. This is how it was before and now suddenly it
    offers different certs.

    What should I do?

    Thank you in advance.

  2. Re: Client SSL authentication required

    John Smith wrote:
    > I have the following problem:
    >
    > WebSphere 6.1 let me log in into admin console with lots of client
    > certificates, both from built-in certs and from CAs that I have added their
    > certs into trust key store, but when I open URL of my application, it asks
    > me only for WebSphere built in certificates (Thawte, VeriSign...). What
    > happend with CAs that I manully added into trust store? How is this
    > possible? I was thinking that there is only one trust store for both admin
    > console and applications. This is how it was before and now suddenly it
    > offers different certs.
    >
    > What should I do?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    There were major changes in WAS 6.1 SSL support. See here:

    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...0612_birk.html

+ Reply to Thread