HELP - Accidentally corrupted wasprofile.sh - Websphere

This is a discussion on HELP - Accidentally corrupted wasprofile.sh - Websphere ; Can anyone please post the text of the wasprofile.sh script, please? The file was accidentally edited to zero bytes, and now I can't delete old profiles or add new ones. We are running WAS v6.0.2 (ND)... Thanks in advance for ...

  1. HELP - Accidentally corrupted wasprofile.sh

    Can anyone please post the text of the wasprofile.sh script, please?

    The file was accidentally edited to zero bytes, and now I can't delete old profiles or add new ones. We are running WAS v6.0.2 (ND)...

    Thanks in advance for any help,
    Nicole

  2. Re: HELP - Accidentally corrupted wasprofile.sh

    By the way - we are running on Unix

  3. Re: HELP - Accidentally corrupted wasprofile.sh

    Excuse me, but are you pretending you don't have a backup of the server nor
    of the installation package nor the original installation media ?

  4. Re: HELP - Accidentally corrupted wasprofile.sh

    Wow... that was a bit harsh don't you think?

    Here's my situation -

    1st: we didn't have a backup of the directory that WAS is installed into, so no, we don't have a backup of the software.
    2nd: I don't have space on the server for another install
    3rd: I have the media, but see #2.

    I was looking for an easy fix and hoping someone would be kind enough to help me in a bind - instead I get flamed.... nice.

  5. Re: HELP - Accidentally corrupted wasprofile.sh

    Flame ???

    No flame intended ("deliberately hostile and insulting", says wikipedia).

    Ironic ? Oh yes maybe... :-) (defined as "humorously sarcastic or mocking"
    on dictionary.com)

    But no lack of respect whatsovever...

    I understand your disapointment, but I'm not the only person contributing to
    this group, so all hope is not lost.

    If I had this file at hand, I would help you, but I don't have (BTW, IANAL
    but I wonder if posting the file content is legal ?).

    Note you mentionned Unix, but didn't say if AIX, Solaris or HP-UX.

    BTW, while waiting for a more useful reply, you'll probably want to review
    the backup policies (oops, ironic again ? -- how a bad boy I'm :-).

  6. Re: HELP - Accidentally corrupted wasprofile.sh

    Reply with contents sent privately.

    Regards,
    David Brauneis
    IBM Rational Build Forge Architecture & Development

    nicole.brogdon@jackinthebox.com wrote:
    > Can anyone please post the text of the wasprofile.sh script, please?
    >
    > The file was accidentally edited to zero bytes, and now I can't delete old profiles or add new ones. We are running WAS v6.0.2 (ND)...
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help,
    > Nicole

  7. Re: HELP - Accidentally corrupted wasprofile.sh

    :-P *with the pfffbbtt sound*

    Ironic probably isn't the best choice of words for this. I think stupid, sucky, and d'oh (with smacking yourself in the forehead) are much better ;-)

    We are on HP-UX, and yes, we have since changed our backup policies. Basically, the install was a whirlwind thing, and backing up the software was overlooked by myself and the Unix admin.

    Another lesson learned *sigh*

    Your sarcasm is prime, I'd be afraid I couldn't keep up with you in a real discussion ;-)

  8. Re: HELP - Accidentally corrupted wasprofile.sh

    Nicole,

    Here are the contents of wasprofile.sh from a WAS v6.0.2 install.

    wasprofile.sh:
    ################################################## ##################################################
    #!/bin/sh

    binDir=`dirname $0`
    .. $binDir/setupCmdLine.sh

    $JAVA_HOME/bin/java \
    -DWAS_HOME=${WAS_HOME} \
    -Dwas.install.root=${WAS_HOME} \
    -classpath
    $WAS_HOME/lib/admin.jar:$WAS_HOME/lib/wasproduct.jar:$WAS_HOME/lib/wsprofile.jar:$WAS_HOME/lib/configmanager.jar:$WAS_HOME/lib/ant.jar
    \
    com.ibm.ws.profile.WSProfileCLI \
    $@
    ################################################## ##################################################

    You will need to replace the ${WAS_HOME} with the value of the root
    installation directory of WebSphere (probably something like
    /opt/WebSphere/AppServer) for the lines beginning with -DWAS_HOME and
    -Dwas.install.root and everything else should be fine.

    Hope this helps you.

    Regards,
    David Brauneis
    IBM Rational Build Forge Architecture & Development

    nicole.brogdon@jackinthebox.com wrote:
    > Can anyone please post the text of the wasprofile.sh script, please?
    >
    > The file was accidentally edited to zero bytes, and now I can't delete old profiles or add new ones. We are running WAS v6.0.2 (ND)...
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help,
    > Nicole

  9. Re: HELP - Accidentally corrupted wasprofile.sh

    You're welcome.

    See the post of David-who-is-more-self-controlled :-) for the file contents.

+ Reply to Thread