JMSXDeliveryCount doesn't work in JMS selector - Websphere

This is a discussion on JMSXDeliveryCount doesn't work in JMS selector - Websphere ; I'm using WAS 6.1 and MQSeries 6.0.1.1 and I've faced with the following problem: I'm trying to fetch messages using a selector like this "JMSXGroupID = 'XXXX' AND JMSXDeliveryCount Is there any work around or something?...

  1. JMSXDeliveryCount doesn't work in JMS selector

    I'm using WAS 6.1 and MQSeries 6.0.1.1 and I've faced with the following problem:
    I'm trying to fetch messages using a selector like this
    "JMSXGroupID = 'XXXX' AND JMSXDeliveryCount < 2" but it behaves as though it completely igonres JMSXDeliveryCount.
    Is there any work around or something?

  2. Re: JMSXDeliveryCount doesn't work in JMS selector

    Andrey Ryabov wrote:
    > I'm using WAS 6.1 and MQSeries 6.0.1.1 and I've faced with the following problem:
    > I'm trying to fetch messages using a selector like this
    > "JMSXGroupID = 'XXXX' AND JMSXDeliveryCount < 2" but it behaves as though it completely igonres JMSXDeliveryCount.
    > Is there any work around or something?

    Don't use selectors. Just because they exist, doesn't mean that using
    them is a good idea. It isn't.

    Either:

    1) Partition the destination at origin so that selectors are not
    necessary (i.e. use logic to write to different queues)

    2) Use an ESB to re-route work to the appropriate destination

    3) Suck all the messages into a DB and Select them from there using SQL.

    There are probably other good options too, all of them better than using
    JMS selectors.

  3. Re: JMSXDeliveryCount doesn't work in JMS selector

    Why not just set the backout threshold so that messages are moved off
    the queue when the backout count hits two?

    Regards,
    David

  4. Re: JMSXDeliveryCount doesn't work in JMS selector

    Because WSMQ do not delete messages whose backout counter equals to threshold immediately under certain circumstances. For example when I receive group of messages in browsing mode.

    > Why not just set the backout threshold so that
    > messages are moved off
    > the queue when the backout count hits two?
    >
    > Regards,
    > David

  5. Re: JMSXDeliveryCount doesn't work in JMS selector

    There was only one reason why I used selectors - message groups.
    In other to read group of messages I used technique similar to one described here: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...02_currie.html

    I've decided to reject this technique in favour of assembling groups in a database. (your third suggestion).

    Thanks.

  6. Re: JMSXDeliveryCount doesn't work in JMS selector

    Probably wise ;-)

+ Reply to Thread