Outbound Resource Adapter Deployment exception : Identityconstraint - Websphere

This is a discussion on Outbound Resource Adapter Deployment exception : Identityconstraint - Websphere ; I get the following exception while deploying a RAR file in WAS6.0 ND . In my ra.xml I have mentioned 2 connection-definitions, which have same class names for managedconnectionfactory-class connectionfactory-interface connectionfactory-impl-class connection-interface connection-impl-class Even though they are same , they ...

  1. Outbound Resource Adapter Deployment exception : Identityconstraint

    I get the following exception while deploying a RAR file in WAS6.0 ND . In my ra.xml I have mentioned 2 connection-definitions, which have same class names for
    managedconnectionfactory-class
    connectionfactory-interface
    connectionfactory-impl-class
    connection-interface
    connection-impl-class

    Even though they are same , they have different configuration property values for the managedconnectionfactory-class and i have also overriden the equals and hashCode method. But still i get the error .. Do I need to do specify something extra in ra.xml or in the managed connection factory class??

    ---- Begin backtrace for Nested Throwables
    AppDeploymentException: []
    com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.exception.De ploymentDescriptorLoadException: META-INF/ra.xml
    com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.exception.De ploymentDescriptorLoadException: META-INF/ra.xml
    !Stack_trace_of_nested_exce!
    com.ibm.etools.j2ee.commonarchivecore.exception.Re sourceLoadException: IWAE0007E Could not load resource "META-INF/ra.xml" in archive "fixa.rar"
    !Stack_trace_of_nested_exce!
    Wrapped exception
    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Duplicate unique value [com.temenos.ttp.market.ra.api.MarketConnectionFact ory] declared for identity constraint of element "outbound-resourceadapter".
    at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createS AXParseException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(U nknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportErro r(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportErro r(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator$XSIEr rorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.repor tSchemaError(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator$Uniqu eValueStore.checkDuplicateValues(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator$Value StoreBase.addValue(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.identity.Field$Matcher.m atched(Unknown Source)
    at ....

    Following is a excerpt from the j2ee_connector-1_5-fr-spec.pdf , JCA 1.5 specification under section 16.4
    Equality based on Java object identity
    Equality based on config properties and class information
    The candidate objects are implementations of ResourceAdapter,
    ManagedConnectionFactory, ConnectionRequestInfo,
    java.security.Principal, org.ietf.jgss.GSSCredential,
    GenericCredential, PasswordCredential, and Record types.
    These objects must override the default equals and hashCode methods, and
    provide an equality behavior based on the configuration properties and class
    information. That is, any two objects can be equal only if their configuration
    properties match and they have the same class implementation.

  2. Re: Outbound Resource Adapter Deployment exception : Identity constraint

    The equality considerations apply at runtime, not for a particular
    configuration. You can only have one definition for any given
    connectionfactory-interface.

    Regards,
    David

+ Reply to Thread