IIS and Websphere integration SSL problem - Websphere

This is a discussion on IIS and Websphere integration SSL problem - Websphere ; Hi all, I have a W2K SP4 machine with IIS 5.0 and WAS 6.1 with sample applications.I created the "sePlugins" virtual directory and can retrieve the PlantsByWebSphere application from IIS without any problem. I created an SSL cert by using ...

  1. IIS and Websphere integration SSL problem

    Hi all,

    I have a W2K SP4 machine with IIS 5.0 and WAS 6.1 with sample
    applications.I created the "sePlugins" virtual directory and can
    retrieve the PlantsByWebSphere application from IIS without any
    problem.

    I created an SSL cert by using Windows Certificate Manager and
    installed this certificate on IIS.I can retrieve IIS apps and sites by
    using https correctly.But i cant retrieve Websphere apps from IIS with
    SSL.
    http://localhost/PlantsByWebSphere works correctly but when i call
    https://localhost/PlantsByWebSphere it gives me an empty page with
    title "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error"
    Also I can retrieve the application directly from WAS by using SSL
    correctly.
    (https://localhost:9443/PlantsByWebsphere)
    I think im missing something within configuration but i couldnt find
    howto do it.I need your help.
    Regards

    No error meesage in Windows System logs, I got following messages in
    Runtime Errors of WAS;

    -------------oOo---------------------
    Message
    SSLC0008E: Unable to initialize SSL connection. Unauthorized access was
    denied or security settings have expired. Exception is
    javax.net.ssl.SSLException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
    Received fatal alert: bad_certificate.

    Message type
    Runtime Error

    Explanation
    A new connection failed to complete a successful secure handshake.

    User action
    Check security settings. The certificate may have expired.
    Alternatively, an unauthorized client connection may have been denied.

    Message Originator
    com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLHandshakeErrorTrack er

    Source object type
    RasLoggingService

    Timestamp
    Apr 15, 2007 3:33:40 PM EEST

    Thread Id
    2d

    Node name
    deneme12Node01

    Server name
    server1
    -------------oOo---------------

  2. Re: IIS and Websphere integration SSL problem

    Alexis Zorba wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a W2K SP4 machine with IIS 5.0 and WAS 6.1 with sample
    > applications.I created the "sePlugins" virtual directory and can
    > retrieve the PlantsByWebSphere application from IIS without any problem.
    >
    > I created an SSL cert by using Windows Certificate Manager and installed
    > this certificate on IIS.I can retrieve IIS apps and sites by using https
    > correctly.But i cant retrieve Websphere apps from IIS with SSL.
    > http://localhost/PlantsByWebSphere works correctly but when i call
    > https://localhost/PlantsByWebSphere it gives me an empty page with title
    > "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error"
    > Also I can retrieve the application directly from WAS by using SSL
    > correctly.
    > (https://localhost:9443/PlantsByWebsphere)
    > I think im missing something within configuration but i couldnt find
    > howto do it.I need your help.
    > Regards

    This article describes the SSL changes in WAS 6.1:

    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...0612_birk.html

  3. Re: IIS and Websphere integration SSL problem

    Paul Ilechko has brought this to us :
    > Alexis Zorba wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have a W2K SP4 machine with IIS 5.0 and WAS 6.1 with sample
    >> applications.I created the "sePlugins" virtual directory and can retrieve
    >> the PlantsByWebSphere application from IIS without any problem.
    >>
    >> I created an SSL cert by using Windows Certificate Manager and installed
    >> this certificate on IIS.I can retrieve IIS apps and sites by using https
    >> correctly.But i cant retrieve Websphere apps from IIS with SSL.
    >> http://localhost/PlantsByWebSphere works correctly but when i call
    >> https://localhost/PlantsByWebSphere it gives me an empty page with title
    >> "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error"
    >> Also I can retrieve the application directly from WAS by using SSL
    >> correctly.
    >> (https://localhost:9443/PlantsByWebsphere)
    >> I think im missing something within configuration but i couldnt find howto
    >> do it.I need your help.
    >> Regards

    > This article describes the SSL changes in WAS 6.1:
    >
    > http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...0612_birk.html

    I couldnt find an article/redbook like this before.I followed the
    instructions on the article and it works like a charm now.
    Thank you very much,
    Regards

+ Reply to Thread