Where does Websphere keep the *.java files (servlets) created fromJSP pages? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Where does Websphere keep the *.java files (servlets) created fromJSP pages? - Websphere ; I have a web application with some JSP pages and I deploy it on websphere. I'd like to know where I can find the *.java pages created from my JSPs (the servlet source). Thanks for you help Peter...

  1. Where does Websphere keep the *.java files (servlets) created fromJSP pages?

    I have a web application with some JSP pages and I deploy it on websphere.
    I'd like to know where I can find the *.java pages created from my JSPs (the servlet source).
    Thanks for you help

    Peter

  2. Re: Where does Websphere keep the *.java files (servlets) createdfrom JSP pages?

    By default, WebSphere does not preserve the Java files that are created
    from the JSPs (there is a setting that you can enable to preserve those).

    Regards,
    David Brauneis
    IBM Rational Build Forge Architecture & Development

    piotr.machner@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have a web application with some JSP pages and I deploy it on websphere.
    > I'd like to know where I can find the *.java pages created from my JSPs (the servlet source).
    > Thanks for you help
    >
    > Peter

  3. Re: Where does Websphere keep the *.java files (servlets) created from JSP pages?

    On Mar 30, 11:16 am, David Brauneis wrote:
    > By default, WebSphere does not preserve the Java files that are created
    > from the JSPs (there is a setting that you can enable to preserve those).
    >
    > Regards,
    > David Brauneis
    > IBM Rational Build Forge Architecture & Development
    >

    > piotr.mach...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I have a web application with some JSP pages and I deploy it on websphere.
    > > I'd like to know where I can find the *.java pages created from my JSPs (the servlet source).
    > > Thanks for you help

    > > Peter- Hide quoted text -

    To preserve the .java files set the "-keepgenerated" parameter to true
    when running the JspBatchCompiler command.
    You can also add the following line to WEB-INF/ibm-web-ext.xmi under
    "webApp"
    value="true"/>

    Satyakant

  4. Re: Where does Websphere keep the *.java files (servlets)created<br> from JSP pages?

    Oh, thanks How can I access that setting? And once I've enabled it where will the java files be stored?

    Peter

  5. Re: Where does Websphere keep the *.java files (servlets) created<br>from JSP pages?

    Peter,

    You can see the list if settings for the JSP Engine here:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...jspengine.html

    You can see how to configure the JSP Engine here:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...jspengine.html

    Both articles are from the InfoCenter.

    Regards,
    David Brauneis
    IBM Rational Build Forge Architecture & Development

    piotr.machner@gmail.com wrote:
    > Oh, thanks How can I access that setting? And once I've enabled it where will the java files be stored?
    >
    > Peter

+ Reply to Thread