Linux versions? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Linux versions? - Websphere ; Does it matter much which linux version is running? I want to set up a server (dell 1850) to try out WAS. I can put FC5, FC6 or Debian etch on it. Will some distros work better than others? Thanks, ...

  1. Linux versions?

    Does it matter much which linux version is running?
    I want to set up a server (dell 1850) to try out WAS.
    I can put FC5, FC6 or Debian etch on it. Will some distros work better than others?
    Thanks,
    - Greg

  2. Re: Linux versions?

    gregor.larson@nortel.com wrote:
    > Does it matter much which linux version is running?
    > I want to set up a server (dell 1850) to try out WAS.
    > I can put FC5, FC6 or Debian etch on it. Will some distros work better than others?
    > Thanks,
    > - Greg

    Look into the software requirements for your version of WAS, and pick
    your favorite supported distro

    Ken

+ Reply to Thread